27.

Reet's POV

I stepped into the cabin after 10 minutes of Sid calling me here. But Ranbir was being unreasonable and wanted to take me out. We had decided to meet at my place or his, even as friends publicly was not at all happening.

I entered the dimly lit conference room, "Sid?" I called out. Suddenly he came from behind me, "Reet" he whispered in my ear and I nearly melted. I wanted to run my hands in his hair and taste his lips. "Reet, oh my Reet," he hugged me. But his hug was not soft. "Sid what are you doing?" I asked in a soft voice, I wanted to be more assertive but it was Sid. A few days before, these arms were around me all night.

He turned me to face him, "Reet? I called you here 20 minutes back. He still held me by my arms. "I did not notice. Sorry." His hold got tighter, "busy with your new toyboy?"

SID's POV

"What do you mean?" Reet looked flustered. I wanted to touch her lips. This one day without her had been unhappy but her promiscuous behaviour was worse. "Reet what's between you and Ranbir?" I asked again. "What's between you and Shruti Sid?" She counter questioned. "She's my fiancée," I replied. "But who is Ranbir?" 

"We both know Shruti is not really your fiancée. What is the relationship you share?" I kept quiet. "Me too Sid. We will figure out as we go along." She was bit denying Ranbir meant something to her. I sighed. "Let's work. Before I get fired for not working."  My inner turmoil might make me strangle her if she said anything more about that douche bag. I hated his guts for talking to her. But I had proved my stand yesterday and in a few weeks I would be married man with no right over her. I looked at her again and wished. If only i could remove those shackles and move ahead. But family came first. 

REET's POV

I could feel his eyes on me. I wanted to get up and do things only he knew I was capable off. But this was work and I was with an almost married Sid. In sometime he would be married and I would be working with him. Control Reet I told myself mentally. And then I began working seriously not bothering about Sid, Ranbir or my life. Work freed me, pacified me and gave me a sense of security I craved. 

Post work when I stepped out, it was around 8. Sid being the workaholic wanted to ideas, till we did not have a final blueprint ready. I called for a cab and stepped out of the office building only to see Ranbir leaning against his RangeRover. Just how many cars had he booked in Delhi I wondered. He was wearing a black tee with blue jeans and some gorgeous Adidas sneakers. I went forward and he hugged me, "hello beautiful."

"Ranbir what are you doing here?" I smiled knowing the answer. He came forward to hug me. I looked around before we were spotted. "Let's go drinking, " he smiled. I smiled back, still hugging him. "Drunk, are we?" He smiled as a car honked. Much to my chagrin it was Sid. My Sid, who looked miserable. But his words from morning haunted me.

So for giving a show to him I kissed Ranbir on the cheek. "Come let's go then." He smiled like a fool. I was sure he was drunk. Thankfully he had a driver with him. "Why are you in Delhi, Ranbir?" "Honest answer? To make things normal with mom and dad." "As in?" "Its been 7 years since I left home. My wreak-less life has scared them."

"Why?" I wanted answers. He picked up a bottle of vodka and I smiled, "vodka will have answers for you Reet." He took a sip and made a face, "I have done things to make it big. Things I'm not proud of. Things no parents should hear about their child. Things which scare me from committing to someone Reet."

My line of questions changed, "what did you do? Why are you telling this to me?"

"Reet I love you and I'm willing to offer you that one thing every girl wants from me, commitment," I stared at him. My mouth agape. Ranbir Singh, Asia's sexiest man alive, wanted me to be with him!

But did I really want him? Lifelong? Could I get up in the morning for the rest of my life in his arms? Could I cope with his starry airs? I wasn't sure as Sid's face flashed in front of me.  

Team Sid or Team Ranbir?