Christmas Tunes

"No, not yet" I stated simply, my tone held zero emotion. "Why would she quit?" John asked turning from his laptop. I rolled my eyes, this is going to be the longest afternoon in my life. "Mycroft's a lying bastard, my dad's a lying bastard BASICALLY EVERYONE I KNOW is a lying bastard" I explained snapping a little at how unpleasant my life was.

I was not being a brat but I was sick and tired of everyone constantly toying around with me, playing me like a marionette piece. John stared at me a little offended "Except for you John, AND Mrs.Hudson" I said emphasizing on and. I left Jim's name out of the equation. He was a lying bastard but I didn't know about what yet.

John cleared his throat "Um, Greg and Molly are coming over for christmas dinner tonight" I stayed silent "are you going to spend it with us or no?" John asked hesitantly. I knew what he meant, he thought I was going to spend christmas with dad. "I've nowhere else to go, I'd rather stay here..." I said quietly lighting up another cigarette and inhaling my smoke.

"Where's your christmas spirit?" John asked trying to cheer me up. "Up Mycroft's ass" I snapped. "Damn it, sorry" I mumbled. John chuckled "You're always cussing people out, it makes me happy you have so much respect for me"

"You gained that respect John, all the others have put me down" I said taking a sip out of my tea. "Don't be so hard on yourself, let go of the anger" John said. "Are we done with all this drama?" Sherlock asked walking over to the window.

"It's not drama, it's normal human feelings Sherlock. Of course I don't expect you to understand since you're an alien from out fucking space" I said snapping at him. He glanced over at me and stared coldly into my eyes "Today you are all stick and no sugar" He said his british accent thick and cold.

"You wanna see stick? I'll shov-" "Woo hoo, Merry christmas!" Mrs.Hudson walked in as Sherlock smirked at me and I just glared.

"Merry Christmas Mrs.Hudson" We all greeted her sweetly, except for Sherlock who was being a complete jerk. She walked over to me and gave me a hug "I know it's a difficult time for you this time of the year, but you should-" I cut her off quickly, raising my eyebrows at her signaling for her to stop talking "Mrs.Hudson, thank you for being here, you're always very sweet" I said giving her a small hug and going back to sit on the couch.

Sherlock looked over at me "Ah, Mrs.Hudson has more information on you than I do, why that's an insult indeed..." He muttered next to me so only i could hear. "Don't make me point a gun at you today Mr.Holmes" I whispered to him my voice colder than usual.

A while later

Sherlock picked up his violin and started playing a Christmas tune. It sounded amazing, very calm, the melody touched me. This time of the year was hard on me, certainly hard. But that story is for some time else.

"Lovely, Sherlock! Isn't that lovely" Mrs.Hudson complimented his playing. As Lestrade whistled very pleased with his playing. This was all too weird. It's like a freak show living a normal day for once.

John nodded agreeing with Mrs.Hudson walking around with a beer bottle in his hand "Mmm! Marvelous "

I poured myself a cup of wine. Tonight's going to be long. Something big is coming.

"I wish you could've worn the antlers!" Mrs.Hudson said chuckling at Sherlock. He smiled at her "Some things are best left for the imagination Mrs.Hudson" John's new girlfriend offered Sherlock some christmas treats "No, thank you Sarah" He said obviously mistaking her name. "Ah no no no, he's not doing names" John quickly explained.

Honestly, I couldn't even keep up with John's girlfriends either. He had one each week. "Ah no no no I can get this. No sarah was the doctor, and there was the one with the spots and then the one with the nose who was after the boring teacher..." "Nobody" Her voice came in disappointed. "Ah Jannete...process of elimination" He commented proud of himself.