Chapter 98

I could barely fall asleep last night. I tossed and turned, thinking of ways i could make my plan fall through. I have next to no idea why i didn't think of doing this in the first place. Today, i'm going to the prison to visit Justin. Then i'm going on to Sam's hotel room, catching her out of surprise and confronting her.

I got up from bed and hopped in the shower, scrubbing off the stress from yesterday. I quickly dried my hair and spread mascara through my lashes. I placed small pears in each of my ears and then walked out to meet Pattie in the kitchen of the hotel room we had booked last night. Staying on the bus was simply too uncomfortable.

Pattie seemed so much calmer than she had yesterday when i met her at the airport. I'm sure i did as well, because i felt brand new. We both talked over a cup of coffee about how we're going to approach Scooter. Soon enough, we both decided that once we finish breakfast, we'll make our way over to his hotel and simply tell him the story. I'll mention i was there and seen the way she left the room. Wether he believes me or not, he'll have no choice to after what i have in store for Sam.

The short drive from our hotel to Scooters went by slow. Every stop light made my nerves calm for seconds, then we'd start driving again and then i would immediately tense again. I was so afraid of what his reaction to me basically begging for his forgiveness will be.

I walked up the stairs of the hotel, then to his room. I looked at Pattie and she looked just as nervous as i did. She gave me a reassuring nod, and then i knocked on the door. After 10 short seconds, the door opened.

"Sam?" My heart jumped.

She smiled.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked her, giving her a deep scowl.

"This is my uncle remember?" She smiled slyly.

I looked at Pattie, knowing the realization hit us the exact same time.

"Oh Sam, i didn't know black eyes healed that fast?" I said saucily. Pattie was behind me and i could hear the click of the camera on her phone before Sam could even realize.

She gaped at the realization that she forgot to paint on her black eye this morning. Pattie and I both turned to each other and laughed. Then Scooter came to the door and surprisingly let us in.

"What brings you ladies here this morning?" He asked, placing mugs of coffee in front of us at his small table.

"We came to tell you the truth." I said bluntly.

He sighed and took a big gulp of his coffee. "Have you been watching the News? The story is all over the it, it's a little late to be fighting for the truth." He reached back to the small side table that had a newspaper on it. Then, placed it in front of Pattie and I.

"Bieber behind bars" Was written in black bold letters across the top of the paper, just over a cartoon drawn of Justin in a jail cell.

I shoved the newspaper away. "Just listen to what i have to say, okay?"

He nodded, "Sounds fair."

I took a deep breath and began to explain. "Sam has been getting really close to Justin lately. Justin knew i didn't like him so after The Bowl, he confronted her about it. She straight up kissed him, then when he pushed her away she hit him across the face. She completely reversed the story. Since when do you get a black eye and 1 day later it's completely gone? Go visit Justin, his face is still swollen from his black eye, that SHE gave him. She's lying because she's pissed at the both of us." I blurted, hoping he understood all of it.

"Jess, i have so much respect for you and Justin. You're both amazing people, but Sam has no reason to hate either of you nor does she have a reason or purpose to lie about all this. I don't understand why your going along with Justin's side of the story. I know when Sam is not lying and i know for a fact she is telling the truth."