Chapter 88

1 month later:

May has always been my favourite month of the year. I love spring, i always have. It's the perfect time of year, not too hot and not too warm.

I made up my mind about waiting for months to go on tour. My final decision is i'm not going to wait. It's been a month and almost a half without seeing Justin and i am nearly going crazy.
I miss looking into his deep, beautiful eyes and seeing the happiness in them. I miss waking up next to him and hearing his raspy morning voices. I miss running my fingers through his hair, but most of all i miss his kisses. As cheesy as it sounds, he means the world to me and it really is true when people say you don't know what you have until it's gone. It's not that he's gone but now that he's away i never realized how much i missed the things we used to do.

I booked a flight to New York this morning. My flight leaves in 3 days, i haven't told Justin yet. I want to keep it a surprise but then again i'm too excited to keep it to myself. I'm meeting Emily at the Aquarium today and we're finishing up for the week. My job has been working out perfectly, i have already saved up a crazy amount of money and i realized how much i love animals. I don't know why i didn't go to college and properly study marine biology. Probably the biggest regret of my life.

Emily and I have become the greatest of friends. Over the past month we've went out to supper numerous times, went shopping together and even drove down to Florida to do some relaxing on the beach. I almost forgot what it was like having friends that i can trust and ones that aren't 100% psychopaths.

Just before i was leaving to go out the door, the phone rang. "Hello?" I said, annoyed that i was already late.

"An inmate is trying to contact you from the Fulton County Jail, press one to accept the call." The familiar automated voice repeated several times.

I took a deep breath and stared at the screen of my phone. I held in on the #1 button and froze, waiting for someone on the other end to speak.

"Jessica? Is that you?" I could tell it was Ryan.

"Yes, why are you calling me?"

"I wanted to check in on you."

"I'm fine."

"I'm glad to hear." He sounded too happy for my liking.

"Ryan, why are you calling me?"

"I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. Can't a friend do that."

"How could you even consider us friends, after everything that has happened?"

"Woah, calm down. I do have a reason to be calling i guess."

"Look, i'm late for work i have to go."

"Work? Where are you working?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter, just tell me why you're calling or i'm going to hang up."

"Look, i can't tell you this over the phone. So, tomorrow at 4 o'clock come down and meet me. I have something to give you."

"No, no way. Sorry, that's not happening."

"Jessica, it's important. Hear me out, okay? I have something extremely important to give you and you'll regret not coming."

"Ryan, i can't do this." I was about to hang up when he repeated himself.

"Look, it'll take you 10 minutes. Tomorrow at 4 o'clock, you will regret not coming." After he said this the line went dead, and i was left in the middle of my porch completely caught off guard by the conversation.

I'm not sure if i should go or not. I mean, i really do not want to. But, what does he mean that i'll regret not coming? I'm sure he's just messing with me, trying to get me down to the jail so he can run his hands all over me and pretend like nothing ever happened. Curiosity was eating away at me. I don't want to see Ryan, to be honest i'm scared to see him. But i want to know what's so important.

Now, i'm extremely late for work and i knew Emily wouldn't care or give me crap over it, but being on time is a sign of respect and dedication. I don't want her to think of me poorly.

I hurried down the road, going a little over the speed limit trying to make it to the Aquarium. When i arrived i was a little over 20 minutes late and Emily was waiting for me in the porch.

"Emily, i am so sorry. I got a call right before i was going out the door, and i had to take it."

"Don't worry about it, i understand." She said with an understanding smile on her face.

"Thank you for understanding." I smiled.

We went to the back room and changed into our wetsuits. Today Emily and I were snorkeling down to the bottom of the turtle tank to rearrange the props and mini sand castles that were tipped over. I've never been swimming with dolphins or turtles so it was pretty exciting for me.

It was fascinating seeing the fish and the turtles floating around us. I've really never been that close to any animal like that. I continued to rearrange the props laying in the sand at the bottom of the tank.

Oh my god.

Emily was sinking to the bottom and he snorkel was detached. I can barely swim myself, let alone swim for 2 people. I panicked and made my way over to her ask quickly as possible. I grabbed onto her arms tightly and kicked my way back up to the top. She was unconscious. I laid her on the soft floor of the Aquarium and pressed on her chest. Thankfully after 10 pumps, she regained consciousness and coughed up the water caught in her throat.

"You just saved my life." She said between short and staggered breaths.

"What happened? I looked over and you were sinking."

"I hit my head off the tank, i don't even know what i was doing so close anyways."

"Well, the main thing is your fine. You had me scared to death."

"I'm sorry, i owe you big time."

She smiled and we both sat on the floor waiting for Emily to catch her breath and feel better to get back on her feet.

"Woah, nice ring." She said, taking my hand and admiring the ring on my finger.

"Thank you!" I said, realizing i hadn't told her about Justin and I being almost engaged.

"You're engaged?" She asked, looking surprised.

"No! It's a promise ring. Justin is on tour and he gave it to me before he left. I promised myself to him, we both wanna wait for the right time to get engaged."

"That's adorable!" She answered.

I smiled and nodded at her compliment. "He's really good to me, i could never thank him enough for everything he's sacrificed for me."

"So sweet!"

"Uh, speaking of Justin. He invited me to go on tour with him. I'm leaving in 3 days, and i hate to drop this on you but i'm going to be gone for the next 6 months." I said, hoping she'd understand and be okay with it.

"That's cool with me i guess. I'll just find a replacement until you get back!"

"Emily, thank you so much for understanding and agreeing to this. You really have no idea how much this means to me."

"What are friends for? I'm not going to keep you from seeing your almost fiancé!"

I hugged her and wished her the best, thanking her once more for letting me have the time off. I'll really miss Emily while i'm gone.

Justin's POV

The streets of New York were beautiful. New York was a place i loved a lot. I jump at every opportunity i get to visit here. Sam & I walked the streets looking for a cafe to get some coffee.

"Is this your first time here, in New York?" I asked Sam.

She snapped a picture of me smiling, catching me completely off guard. "Hey, watch the flash it's brighter than you think!"

"Sorry! I'm just trying to get some unplanned shots. They're the best ones in my opinion." She said, putting her camera back around her shoulder. "But, yes this is my first time!"

"And what do you think so far?"

"I love it! I've always wanted to live when i was a little kid. I remember practicing calling taxis while my adoptive parents weren't home." She laughed.

"You have to see Central Park, come on!" I said, taking her by the arm making sure we both made it across the street, without getting ran over.

We walked through Central Park, and all that was running through my mind was when Jess and I were here. I smiled at the memory.
Sam and I finished our small walk and made it back to the Hotel before the night fell. The view from our rooms were amazing, it had a perfect view of the Empire State Building and once the sun set, we watched the city light up building by building. It was beautiful.

"Sam, i'm gonna go call Jess. Give me a minute okay?" I said, walking out to the kitchen and dialing her number into my phone.

It went to answering machine so i left a quick message. "Hey babe, just calling to tell you i miss you even more than i did yesterday. I'm in New York for the next week. We have to FaceTime to watch the city light up, i just watched it and it was incredible. Anyways, call me later on! I'm at the Hotel for the rest of the night. Love you babe."

Jess's POV

After my final day at work, i got a long hot shower. It was refreshing and more relaxing than any shower i'd taken in a while. When i got out i listened to the message Justin left me and was in tears. I want to tell him about me coming up, but after that message i want to surprise him even more.

I was exhausted, so i wasted no time crawling into bed. Within minutes i was drifting off into sleep.

"Ryan, hurry up in don't want to be here." I said.

"Hold on babe, i want you to have this."

I looked at him, observing the stubble all over his face. He handed me a brown envelope and ordered me to open it. Inside the envelope was a picture of Justin, laying on the floor with blood on his face. "I killed him." He smirked. Tears were rolling down my face and i squeezed my eyes hoping to make the picture go away. "I shot him, and when i get out of here. I'll shoot you too. You did this to me Jessica, you and him are the reason i'm locked up in here. Fuck you." He was screaming in my face and i couldn't focus. "I killed him, because i hate him."

I threw the envelope in his face and got up from my chair immediately. There were no guards in the room, i was scared. He was chasing me. He caught up to me and grabbed my wrists and squeezed so tightly i could feel the blood turning cold. Ryan got close to my face and pushed his body against mine. "I know what you want." He whispered into my ear.

I looked away and tried to escape his grasp but i couldn't. The white walls around me were useless. I looked around and there was no door. He forced himself against me and i cringed. He squeezed my wrists tighter and brought his mouth closer to mine. "He doesn't love you anymore." I shut my eyes tightly, but he wouldn't go away.

I woke up out of breath, and dripping with sweat. I just had what could have possibly been the worst dream i've ever had. Tears flooded my eyes and i reached for the lamp switch, to illuminate my room. I remembered tomorrow i'm supposed to go meet Ryan at the Jail, but after this dream... I'm not sure i want to anymore.

COMMENT AND VOTE XOXO