Chapter 49

I finally reached 100k reads!!! Thank you guys SO much:) I'm so happy right now!! Wow thank you!!!

~

The window of the living room smashed into a million pieces. I shot up from the couch, breathlessly.

I looked down at Chase, the wet red stain on his chest, my heart ached. I placed my hand on his chest.

" No Chase, no. " I cried. " Wake up Chase, please no. "

I shook his body, trying to wake him up but it's too late, i told myself.

" Chase, don't. " I grabbed his hand and placed my index finger under his jaw. His pulse was slow, and weak.

" Chase? " I placed my head on his chest and watched the tears rolled down my face.

I watched him take his last breath, i held his hand tightly hoping he would squeeze back, but nothing. He was gone.

I looked at the smashed window, Justin. Stood outside the window, staring blankly at me. He walked away i wanted to scream but i couldn't.

" Chase. " I questioned.

No response.

" Don't leave me. "

No response.

" Please, Chase. "

No response.

He laid there, on the couch. Still, cold and blank. He was gone, there was no coming back.

" Come back Chase. " I yelled.

" Please Chase! Come back! " I screamed.

" Chase? " I yelled again. "I love you. "

~

I woke up out of breath, Chase leaned over me and my eyes were blurry with tears.

" Chase? " I asked.

I sat up in, and i leaned into kiss him. He held my head into his shoulder, stroking my hair. " It's okay Jess, it was just a dream. "

I continued to cry into his shoulder, it seemed so real. It felt real, i couldn't help but feel like i was being stabbed in the chest.

" It felt so real, it happened. " I cried.

" What happened? " He asked, still holding me tightly.

" You were dead and I watched you die, you were shot in the chest and i held your hand. " I cried.

" Jess, i'm still here it's fine. "

I lifted my head up and wiped the tears away. " I love you so much. " I said, holding his cheeks and leaning in to kiss him.

" I love you too. " He answered.

" I need to get a shower and get ready for work, " I said standing up.

" You want me to make you some coffee? " He asked.

I nodded and walked into the bathroom to begin the morning routine. I showered, got dressed into one of my new dresses and applied a light layer of makeup.

I walked into the kitchen and stopped in my tracks, Chase was cooking breakfast and holding Isabella in arms at the same time. He was smiling and playing with her, just like Justin used to.

As much as i don't want to think about him right now, i hate to admit that i miss him alot.

" Something wrong? " Chase asked.

I looked up and shook the thought from my mind, " No just making sure i turned the curling iron off. " I smiled.

" She woke up about 10 minutes ago, " He said, handing her over to me.

" Morning mom's girl! " I smile and kissed her forehead.

She giggle and smiled as i laid her down in her chair and put her favourite show on TV. I ate my breakfast and drank my coffee in a rush.

" I have to go, you're sure you're okay with watching Isabella? " I asked.

" Yeah, no problem! We'll pick you up at 4:30! " He smiled.

I kissed them both and waved goodbye as i walked through the door. My lip was raw from biting on it so hard and the taste of blood overpowered the taste of my toothpaste.

I looked through a bunch of copies and faxes, sorting them by alphabetical order. The day was pretty boring and i wasn't really in a good mood.

4:30 came and i waited for Chase and Bella downstairs in the main lobby. Once they pulled up, i ran outside and hopped in to the passenger seat.

" Hey! "

He leaned in to kiss me and i leaned forward before his lips could reach mine, i was desperate to have a taste of his favourite cherry flavoured gum.

" Hey, " I answered.

" I was thinking we could go meet up with my parents and go out for supper?" He suggested.

" Um, sure. " I answered. I wanted to considering i'd only met his father as one of his employees, not as his son's girlfriend. Does he even know about us?

He placed his hand on my knee, and traced small circles around it. He knew that drove me crazy.

" Does your dad know about you & I? "

" Um, i don't think so. " He said.

" Will he take it weirdly? " I asked.

" I doubt it, he's usually pretty carefree and supportive of me. " He answered.

I knodded, feeling a little better but that doesn't mean for sure that he'll be okay with his son dating one of his employees. What if he thinks i'm immature because of this?

I listened to Chase as he placed the phone to his ear and explain to his mom about tonight's plans.

" 6:00? " He said.

" Sure, that sounds good. " I heard a small female voice, say happily.

He said goodbye and hung up as he smiled at me reassuringly. " Don't be so nervous about it. My dad already loves you, you have nothing to worry about. "

" Yeah, i guess so. " I laughed lightly, and looked at sleeping Isabella in the back seat. What if he looses respect for me when he figures out i have a kid and i'm only 19?

I'm so nervous and worried about what his family might think of me, i can't sit still. I chew at my nails furiously, like my life depended on getting the last hangnail off.

We pulled into the Daily's Restaurant, it was a casual restaurant, nothing fancy but it wasn't a fast food restaurant either.

We walked to a booth over in the corner. It was big enough for all of us, and also was a little bit more private than the other tables in the middle of the place.

When i seen Mr McCormack walk around the corner, wearing jeans and a polo shirt. It looks weird considering every single time i've ever seen him he was wearing a suit and a tie.

His face lit up when he seen me sitting down next to Chase.

" Jessica? " He asked, sliding into the booth.

" Yes, nice to see you Mr McCormack. "

" Wow, i was expecting someone like the others... " He trailed off, not finishing what he was about to say.

" Dad, i think that's enough. " Chase coughed.

I smiled awkwardly wondering what he meant by " like the others "? It scared me.

" Jessica, this is my wife Helen. " He smiled.

I reached across the table a shook her hand gently. " Nice to meet you! "

" You too dear, " She answered warmly.

" And who is this? " She smiled, looking down at Isabella.

I glanced up at Chase and back over to his mother. " Um, this is Isabella, my daughter. " I said awkwardly, trying to hide how nervous i was.

" Oh, she's precious! " She squeaked.

I smiled. " Yeah, she's pretty cute, i have to agree. " I teased.

" May i hold her? " She asked.

I nodded, completely caught off guard. I thought she was going to give me dirty looks and think i'm a slut. " Of course! "

I picked her up and passed her over to his mother. She smiled and swayed her back and forth in her arms.

" She's beautiful. "

" Thank you. " I warmly smiled.

After 5 or 10 minutes of talking about Isabella and how she's been doing. I hoped with everything in me she'd avoid the whole "who's the dad" thing. Thankfully, she never asked who and we ate our food quickly.

" I had a lovely time, it was nice meeting the both of you girls. " Chase's Dad said, placing his hand on my shoulder, and looking from me and the down to Isabella.

~

" Tonight was really fun. I'm glad you got to meet my parents! " Chase smiled as he put his arm around me while i was reading in the bed.

" Your parents are both really nice Chase. "

" They really like you, you know. "

I smiled, " I'm glad they weren't mad and took it better than i expected.

" Are you tired? " He asked.

I nodded, laying my book down on the night stand.

" Get some sleep, i'm right here next to you always. " He said bringing me closer.

" Good night Chase, i love you. "

" I love you too. "

This is a short update and it's not the best but i have a horrible headache tonight and i'm not feeling well. Please vote and comment:) xox i love you guys for giving this book so much support!!!