Chapter 87

The next morning, surrounded by tissues and ripped up chocolate rappers. My sad movie marathon turned out well, i never fell asleep until 5am and I still never got a call from Justin.

I have to admit, he's only been gone a couple of days and i'm already drove crazy. I miss him a lot and i never realized how hard it was going to be. Having to schedule my plans around his show and rehearsal times. He's on my mind literally all the time and whenever he doesn't call, i worry. I don't want it to be this way for 4 months.

I cleared off my bed and cleaned the room a little bit then hopped in the shower and got myself ready for what's rest of the day. 3pm approached quicker than i expected and i was bored out of my mind.

Todays plans were completely open and there was really nothing to do. No different than any other day.

My phone rang and i jumped across the room in a heartbeat.

"Hello!" I answered, hoping i never sounded too excited.

An automated voice caught me completely off guard. "An inmate is trying to reach you from the Fulton County Jail, press 1 to accept the call."

My blood froze, i could feel my heart stop. I stared at my phone, completely unsure of what to do.

I pressed end and threw my phone on my bed, frightened.

"What the hell." I whispered to myself.

I need to call Justin and tell him about this. "Hello?" He answered, picking up after 2 rings.

"Justin," I said, still shook up about what had just happened.

"Jessica? What's wrong?"

"I just got a call from the jail. Someone in FC was trying to contact me. I hung up right away, i was too scared to answer."

"Ryan? Was it Ryan?"

"I don't know, i didn't give anyone the chance to talk." I answered.

"Okay, good. If he tries to call you again don't answer." He said, making himself sound pretty clear.

"I won't." I answered.

"How was your first day at work?" He asked.

"Really good. The place is amazing, i only work 2 days a week, therefore my pay is pretty good per day."

"I'm so happy for you Jess." He said.

"How was your show?" I asked.

"It was great! I forgot how much i loved performing in front of people like that! It was amazing."

"I'm glad to hear! I wish i could have been there for your opening night." I said, feeling sad that i wasn't.

"Me too, but hey! You'll here for lots more!"

"I know, i know." I answered, trying not to cry.

"I miss you like crazy." I said, looking down at my ring and twisting it so it would be situated the right way on my finger.

"I miss you more."

"I really don't think i'll be able to make it through the next 4 months this way."

"Well then come out! It'll be perfect Jess!"

"I want to, i really do! But i just started my new job and i don't want to ditch that so soon."

"I know, give it some thought anyways! It'll be better with you here. I worry too much when you're not with me."

I laughed, "And i worry that you worry too much."

"Look, i gotta go i'm doing some interview for a radio station down here but when i get back i'm gonna FaceTime you and we'll watch the sunset together." He suggested.

"That sounds good to me."

"Perfect, i'll talk to you in a bit."

"I love you, good luck on your interview!"

"I love you too." He said, just before hanging up the phone.

Justin's POV

I sat down on my bed, scrolling through my twitter. Laughing at some of the crazy tweets.

"Justin?" I looked up to see Sam, coming towards me.

"Uh, yeah?" I answered, moving my legs so she could sit down too.

"We're going to do some shots down at an abandoned garage after your interview, cool?"

"Yeah, sounds great." I answered.

Sam and I became good friends since yesterday. She's not as bad as i thought she was. Me and her went for tacos last night and she told me a lot of stuff about her. Like, she was adopted. She grew up with no friends and an unsupportive family. When she turned 18 she ran away from home to pursue her dream of becoming a photographer. But i still never told her or anyone that i gave Jessica a promise ring.

"Wanna go grab something to eat before the interview?" She asked.

I looked at the time and we still have an hour before we have to leave and i am starving. "Yeah, sure!" I answered.

We drove down to a local McDonalds and ate fries at a table in the back corner of a restaurant.

"So what's this interview for?" She asked.

"It's mostly about the new album and the start of the tour."

"Do you find interviews awkward?" She asked.

"Only when they ask the awkward questions!" I smiled, making a small smile appear on her face.

"So, i don't mean to be completely creepy but do you have a girlfriend?"

I looked at her not knowing why she was asking me this. But all of a sudden, i realized i probably should tell her about Jess and I making promises to each other.

"Uh yeah actually, i have a girlfriend, her name's Jess."

"What's she like?"

I smiled, thinking about her. "She's amazing, beautiful, everything i could ever ask for and more. She's everything to me, too good for me really. I don't think i deserve someone as good as her."

"Sounds like you really love her."

"I do, i almost proposed to her, but i wanted to wait until a better time, so i gave her a promise ring."

"That's really sweet! I have a boyfriend too, he's a great guy. I think you'd love him."

"Is he into sports?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, he plays pretty much everything. But he's definitely more of a hockey dude!"

"Well then, i'd love to meet him someday." I said, standing up from my chair to put my garbage away and walk back out to my car. We need to meet the crew in 20 minutes.

"Am i ever gonna get the chance to meet Jess?"

"Yes actually, she's coming with us for the last 4 months of the tour."

"I'll look forward to it." She said, putting her hand on my leg and smiling.

I looked down at her hand on my leg and didn't know what to do. She wasn't moving it and i was extremely uncomfortable. I pushed her hand away and avoided eye contact with her and just focused on driving. Did she not remember the conversation we had about our relationships 5 minutes ago? I could see her staring at me from the corner of my eye and all i wanted was to get to the Radio Station and escape from this awkwardness.

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT COMMENT AND VOTE