Chapter 75

I woke up and rolled over on my side. Justin had to get up early today to go run some errands for Ryan.

I dressed in one of Justin's boxers and an old tank top i'd brought with me. Ryan was sitting at the kitchen table, eating cereal and watching the news.

" They think i'm a criminal. They don't even know what happened. " He said, keeping his head down low and avoiding eye contact.

I felt like i had no choice but to comfort him. " You're not a criminal, Justin and I both know it was never either of your intentions. " I rubbed his arm.

" But what matters is Justin and I could both go to jail for the rest of our lives. I can't think straight anymore. I'm a wanted criminal, Jessica. "

I knew this was true, there wasn't much comforting things i could say to him.

" Things may turn out to be alright. "

His phone buzzed on the counter, causing it to slide a few inches away. The screen read 'Mom' and i looked at him, and he looked back.

" I should probably answer. "

" I'll leave you alone, " I said, standing up from the stool.

" No stay. " He grabbed my arm, and i sat back down.

I listened to the conversation carefully, feeling sorry for Ryan.

" Hello? "

" I know. "

" Mom, you don't seriously believe that stuff? "

" It was never the plan, things got out of hand. "

" I can't believe your blaming me! " He said, raising his voice.

" I can't do that. I won't. "

" I don't care if the police are looking for me. I'm safe. "

" Good bye Mom. "

He clicked the end button on his phone and slammed it on the counter. A small crack in the screen immediately appeared. " Dammit. "

" Ryan, " I said softly.

" My own fucking family hates me, i don't know what do. "

" Look, it's early. I'm sure she's just shocked about hearing this from the news and not from you. You may just need to give her some time. "

I felt him loosen up. " Thanks, Jess. I guess you're right. "

He leaned into me, i felt afraid all of a sudden. His warm lips brushed mine softly. He pulled away immediately.

" Consider it a thank you. " He smiled, and brought his bowl over to the sink.

He left the room and i sighed. Well that was awkward, i said to myself.

" Please, tell me i did not see what i just think i saw. "

I looked up and Justin stood there with his head hung low.

" No, no it's not that. Baby, he kissed me because he wanted to thank me. It was nothing. "

" I'm going to fucking break his skull. " He yelled, stomping over to Ryan's room.

" No Justin! Wait! " I chased after him.

I ran over and stood in the doorway, looking for a way i could stop him.

" I just seen you kiss my girl, what the hell was that! " He spit, clenching the neck of Ryan's shirt.

" No, i didn't mean it! " He argued. He looked helpless.

I ran over to Justin's side and tried to pull him off Ryan.

" Stop it Justin, come on let's go. " I said, tugging on the sleeve of his hoodie.

" Don't you ever fucking touch her. Ever. " He yelled, angrily. Giving him a quick blow to the jaw.

" Do you fucking hear me? " He yelled again.

Ryan glared at him, not answering.

Justin hit him again.

I began to cry, it was too hard watching this.

" Stop it Justin! " I cried, watching Justin repeatedly hit Ryan with a tight fist. Blood gushed from his nose and down his forehead.

" I said, do you hear me? " He asked, clenching his jaw.

" I hear you. " Ryan answered.

I was disappointed at Ryan's answer, but relieved that Justin finally was satisfied with the answer and let go of
Him.

I followed him out of Ryan's room and into ours.

" Justin, " I said, sitting next to him on the bed.

" Don't start with me Jessica. "

" Don't start what? "

" He fucking kissed you! He knows you're my girl. I'm furious. " He growled.

" You shouldn't have hit him! It was unnecessary! " I argued.

" Why the hell are you defending him?"

" I'm not, i'm just saying i think that went way too far. "

" Jessica, if you really care about him go help the sook off the floor. I'm too mad to give a damn. "

I was mad at Justin too, for getting angry at me. I turned around and walked back over to where Ryan still laid on the floor in a bloody state.

" Let's get you cleaned up. " I put his arm around my back and i helped him over to his bathroom.

I wet a cold face cloth and stuck it on his red and swollen jaw. " I didn't mean for this to happen. "

He shook his head. " It's all my fault. I shouldn't have kissed you. "

" It's not your fault. Justin's a little protective sometimes, this is just another time. "

" Are you saying this has happened before? "

" No, i'm just saying. It's one of his overly confusing ways of showing he cares about me. "

His face dropped. " Well, i think it's a pretty stupid way to show you. "

I giggled quietly, " I agree. "

Once i cleaned up his face and applied a bandaid to his forehead, i slid off from the counter top.

" Thanks Jess. " He smiled.

" Anytime. " I said, planting a small kiss on his cheek before walking out of the bathroom.

I wasn't in the mood to face Justin. I could see him in the room and his still beamed red and looked angry. Part of me wanted to slap him for doing this to Ryan and part of me wanted to feel bad and sorry for him, only because he had to see Ryan kiss me.

Regardless of what i was feeling, i owed Justin an apology. I knocked on the door and walked in after a pitiful nod, signalling he was letting me come in.

" Justin? " I asked, sitting next to him.

" I'm sorry Jessica, my anger really got the best of me that time and i should have never put you in a situation like that. "

" Can we just try and forget about this. We're forgetting why we're here. Not to fight over me or beat each other senseless. We're here on a mission together. " I smiled. " Now, i think you should change your shirt and give me a kiss. "

He kissed me on the lips and grabbed a shirt from the top drawer. " You don't deserve to have someone like me. You're too good for me. " He said.

I shook my head and cradled my head i to his chest. " I told you, i'm yours. Please, start showing that you really trust me and believe me when i say it. "

He nodded and kissed me on the lips passionately.

" I'm sorry. "

" You're forgiven. " I half smiled, kissing the corner of his mouth.

Short but i hope you guys liked it! Comment your thoughts on the fight between Ryan and Justin! And please don't forget to vote!!! Xoxxo