Chapter 41

I cringed at the thought of the two of them together, let alone the thought of them having kissing each other.

I couldn't stand the fact that he liked her enough to kiss her. If he really loved me like he claims he did, he would have stopped himself.

I pain was almost unbearable, i felt like i had been stabbed in the heart repeatedly. I tossed and turned in my bed. I'm so glad dad and Pattie are gone out for the night, otherwise they would have gotten involved in our fight too.

After rolling over and back, tossing and turning many more times, my eyes start to sting from crying so much and i find myself drifting off to sleep.

~

The next morning, i felt a little better than i did last night. I decided that i would get a shower before i even went downstairs. I knew if i did, just by looking at me they would tell something is extremely wrong.

Once my morning routine was completed, i walked down over the stairs hoping that Justin wouldn't be in the kitchen. Sure enough, he was.
I rolled my eyes, he looked so sorry and innocent. I could tell the game he was trying to play. " Aw look at me i'm Justin Bieber and i'm gonna pout all day so people feel sorry for me ".
He passed me, looking at me from the corner of his eye. I ignored how he tried to smile and me, and I just glared back at him.

Once i knew Justin was in his room i began discussing with Pattie about the house. " So were going to sigh the papers today and i'll be moving in on Friday? " I asked.

" That's right! " Patte smiled.

" I never got the chance to thank you for the money from you and dad, it wad too generous. Especially when you agreed to pay my rent for a little while. I can't thank you enough. " I said smiling at her.

" No problem! " She answered sweetly .

I quickly gulped down a cup of coffee and managed to rush into an eggo. Pattie and I were supposed to be at the house for 1, it's already 12:30.

I waited for Pattie on the living room couch and again there was nothing else on TV but the highlights from the interview. My stomach flipped, and suddenly i felt sick. I hate Selena for loving Justin. And i hate myself even more for thinking Justin only loved me.
I'm such a stupid fool, i can't believe this is really happening.

Justin strolled in and sat down on the other end of the couch, making things 10 times more awkward than it was just being under the same roof.

It took everything in me to fight the urge to look over at him sitting down, with his hair messy, like he just woke up. His ripped jeans and plain T-Shirt he looked perfect.
I glanced over quickly, making it seem as if i was looking out the window. He smiled at me.

Does he not remember last night?

" How can you sit down next to me, all smiles and pretend things are okay after last night? " I asked selfishly.

He stared blankly at me, i'm sure he never expected me to say anything at all. " Do you not understand that i can't stand you being this way, seeing you crying and upset because of me breaks my heart and i'm trying to move past this. "

" Yeah, you're saying that now but we all know when you see her tonight, you'll forget everything and fall for her all over again. "

" That's not true, " He argued.

" I'm sorry, but i'm not having this conversation right now." I said, getting up from the couch and walking over to the door and waited for Pattie to come down.

" Ready? " She smiled at me, grabbing the keys off the small table next to the door.

Despite how frustrated Justin just made me, i smiled at her and followed her out to the car.

I gently traced my signatures on all the given lines. Finally, my own place. A second chance, a do over. It's exactly what i need.

The drive home seemed like it was taking forever, and talking about what happened before, made it even more embarrassing.

" Promise me, you'll take care of yourself? " She told me.

" Pattie, i promise. I want this more than anything, we won't have any replays of last time. " I said, keeping me head down and not making any eye contact.

" I'm glad to here it! Hopefully you'll start settling in by tomorrow and make some new friends soon enough. "

I smiled at the thought of me, this time tomorrow being on my own and settling into my new house.

" Does Justin know yet? " She asked, pulling into the driveway.

I shook my head no, " i don't want him to know until i'm already gone. That way he can't make me stay. " I answered getting out of the car.

" This is about the Selena thing isn't it...?" She asked awkwardly.

I nodded, " Yes, it's the reason we're not speaking. He agreed to be in a fake relationship with her, only for fame to promote his new album. " I explained, leaving out the details, without considering telling her about the fights.

She nodded and walked into the house. Justin was sat on the couch, the same place where i left him when we left. He keeps smiling at me, innocently whenever he sees me. I hate it, he's trying to make things better.

I ignore him once more and walk upstairs to my room, grabbing my laptop on the way there. I change into my comfy PJ's and search up some possible internships or jobs around here. I'm looking for something in an office maybe, something that doesn't need much college experience, because that's one thing i don't have.

I'm looking for something close by the house, not walking distance but also not a 20 minute drive either. Something that can work decent hours and not over the weekends.

4 o'clock swings by, and it's almost time to watch Justin's interview with The Evening Show. I'm excited to hear what he has to say about Selena. If he knows what's good for him, he won't cross the line like he did last time.

After making some calls and searching through many different websites, i find a decent job for myself. It's an office job at McCormack & Co. I'll be answering the telephones and taking notes, booking appointments and attending meetings with Mr.McCormack himself.
It seems like a pretty laid back job, not busy & no weekends! The pay isn't half bad either! I cannot wait to announce this over supper.

There was a gentle knock on my door, I looked up and Justin was peeking in through the small crack. How long has he been there staring at me?

" What? " I scowled at him.

" Can you stop being so rude to me, all i did was come up to tell you supper was ready. " He said saucily.

I was taken back by this, i almost felt a little embarrassed. I stared at him awkardly, shooting him a death glare. He shook his head and walked back downstairs.

" Jessica, we cooked your favorite! Spaghetti! " Pattie announced.

I smiled at her, " Thank you! "

I sat down right across the table from Justin. I was too afraid to look, knowing he was staring at me and if i did look up we were probably going to make eye contact.

" I have a little announcement i'd like to make! " I spoke up over the 3 of them.

" Go ahead! " Pattie said politely.

" I was looking around for a job today, and i made a few calls! I finally got a call back, i found one! " I smiled, not looking at Justin.

" Oh my gosh Jess, this is great! " Dad said, smiling at the other end of the table!

" Congratulations! " Pattie added, excitedly.

I got excited along with my Dad & Pattie, i couldn't stop smiling because i really was excited to start a life on my own for real this time.

" Congratulations. " Justin said quietly.

I looked over at him, and everyone stopped talking. I'm assuming that Pattie told Dad because he's giving us both a weird look.

" Thanks. " I answered and tried to avoid having eye contact with him.

" I have a lot to do, so i'm gonna spend the night upstairs, Pattie can you keep an eye on Bella for me? " I asked, as i walked over and put the dishes in the sink.

" Yes, if you need any help let me know!"

I nodded and rushed upstairs. Closing the door behind me. Time to get packing.

I carefully folded all of my closes into piles and put all my makeup in bags. I tossed everything I don't need and the rest of the odds and ends i threw into a huge bag. Finally after hours of packing and cleaning up my room, it was safe to say i was more than halfway ready.

I looked at the clock and it read 11:30, I never felt tired but I felt like I was forgetting something.

Shit. Justin's interview.

I searched through the channels, trying to see if i missed it or not. The Evening Show usually replays it's evening episode in the night.

I came to the channel and found the show, just in time.

" Today we are here with Justin Bieber!" The red headed news anchor, wearing bright red lipstick said in the camera.

He smiled and waved to the camera and to the audience. " Today, we'll be talking about Justin's new love life and about his new album! " She smiled.

He was sat down in a big comfy chair and smiled awkwardly.

" So, all this talk about a new album? " She asked him.

" Uh, yeah i've been in the studio a lot lately working on some new stuff, and soon we should be coming out with a new album! " He announced smiling.

" Great to hear! Can we maybe hear a little something? " She asked, nudging him playfully.

He began to blush, he sat up in his chair and begin to sing. " Girl you don't know how i feel, since you've been away. Any chance that you could take my call, if i doubt you today? Girl you say that you don't wanna talk, but it's cool. I've been thinking bout' you all day long, hopin' you'd pick up your phone. " He stopped singing and everyone began to scream and clap for him. It did sound amazing, but it's about me. He's singing about me? It took a minute for me to realize that.

Once people stopped clapping, the red-head spoke up again. " So, does this song relate to any previous break ups?"

His cheeks turned red, i know that he knows i'm watching. He looked into the camera, and looked away again immediately. " Um, yeah it's actually about a girl i loved a lot, but we went down a bad road, and she stopped talking to me. My heart was breaking. The song is actually called Heartbreaker. "

" Wow, so this girl broke your heart? " The red head asked again.

" Yeah, she did. But i'm not in love with her anymore, we're definitely over." He said into the camera.

" And what about you & Selena? " She asked him.

He giggled lightly, " She's one of my best friends, we've been friends for a really long time. She means a lot to me and I really love her. " He admitted.

Tears filled my eyes. He loves her, he doesn't love me.

I stood up and walked over to his room to see if he was home yet. He was sat on his bed playing video games.

" You don't love me? " I asked, with tears running down my face.

" Babe- "

" Do not call me babe. "

" Jessica, what don't you understand about it's only for the media? " He said standing up.

" So what do you think? It's okay to trash me over television, and then it's perfectly fine to come home and act like nothing ever happened and i'm the other girl you think you can just play house with? "

" No Jess, it isn't like that. " He argued.

" Well, it sure seems like that. I stay home everyday, having to deal with watching television and video clips of the 2 of you. It's all over TV, the news, the internet, the papers. It's like being stabbed in the heart. " I cry.

He sits down on his bed and buries his head into the palms of his hands. " Stop acting like such a selfish bitch! You know how hard it is for me to have to choose between my career and my girlfriend. You have no idea what kind of a position i'm in. " He argued, raising his voice.

" Did you just call me a bitch? " I asked, offended a extremely caught off guard.

" No, i didn't mean it that way. I just meant that you don't understand. " He said moving closer to me.

" You're right, you were telling the truth. You clearly don't love me enough to call me a selfish bitch that easily. " I cried, running out of the room.

He followed me, i plopped on my bed and forgot to shut the door. Shit. He's going to see my things all packed up.
I jumped up before he could get into the room and shut the door in his face.

" Jess, i'm sorry. " He said.

I squeezed my eyes shut, blocking the picture of his innocent and sorry face out of my mind.

" Good night Justin. " I said, going back to lay down on my bed and try to finally catch some sleep.

I feel like this chapter is really boring & i do apologize but i probably will update again tonight & if not tonight tomorrow! Don't forget to vote!! Comment your thoughts and tell me what you'd like to happen next!

I'm also pretty curious, comment where your from! No need to be specific but just your state/province/city :))

xx