Chapter 69

The next morning i woke up and I was still sweating. I woke up last night to pace the floors. Today i'm going to meet Ryan, to figure out what we're going to do. Besides i need to tell both of them about who Marley is.

A hot shower will do me a lot of good right now so to start off the day i take a long hot shower, then complete my morning routine.

I made some eggs and bacon for my breakfast and ate it in complete silence. It's so lonely and different without Isabella, the house feels empty. I need to get out of here for a while.

I dialled Ryan's number into my phone and waited for him to answer.

" Hello? " He sounded like he'd just woken up.

" I need to talk to you."

" What could be so important to call me at 9 in the morning? "

" It's about Marley. "

" Jessica, i thought we agreed to never speak of this again? "

" Well i disagree, i'm getting to the bottom of this. It's important. "

" Jessica, " He sounded annoyed.

" Meet me at the shop for coffee in a half hour. "

" But- "

I hung up and i knew by doing this, he'd change his mind and meet me there anyways.

I grabbed the keys to my car and left the house.

I stepped on a brown envelope and i knew the moment i looked down what it was.

I picked it up from under me and brought it to my car to open it.

I told you he was dangerous.

The letter read.

" Oh my god. " I said to myself, in utter shock.

It is impossible for anyone to know about Marley. Ryan told me yesterday. Is this letter about Justin or Ryan? The first one said " Stay away from him. " And now this one says, I told you he was dangerous?

I'm really getting scared. Someone knows what i know.

~

I sat in the coffee shop, the same place i met Ryan yesterday. He was getting out of his car by the time i sat down with my coffee.

" Do not speak louder than an whisper." He said sitting down in the seat across from me.

" Hello to you too. " I said, sipping my coffee.

" You know what i meant. "

I rolled my eyes at his proof that he's definitely not a morning person.

" I have 2 extremely important things to tell you. "

He nodded and took a sip of my coffee, and to be honest i was too frustrated and focused on this letter and the whole Marley thing to even care.

" My neighbour Holly stopped over last night to pay her respects. Turns out she also lost a loved one, her sister. Her name was Marley. " I whispered to him.

" What? "

" Yeah, i know. "

" What did you say? "

" I told her I was sorry for her loss. "

" And what did she say? " He asked.

" They're going further into the investigation. "

He shook his head, but he looked much more worried now.

" What's the second important thing? "

" Just before I left to come here this morning, right after i got off the phone with you. I got a letter on my doorstep."

" What the hell? What did it say? "

" It said, 'i told you he was dangerous' "

" What the hell is that supposed to mean? "

" When i got back from New York, i got a letter and it said 'stay away from him'."

" Stay away from who! " He asked anxiously.

" I don't know, Justin i think, i really have no clue. "

He shook his head and pulled his hands back through his hair. " This isn't a joke Jessica. "

" I'm not joking Ryan, i'm telling the truth. "

" This is not good Jessica. "

" I'm not saying it is. I'm scared too. "

" We need to call Justin. "

" I'm leaving then. " I said standing up.

" No. " He grabbed my arm, and sat me back down forcefully.

" Don't touch me like that again. "

" Okay, i'm sorry. But you need to stay."

I looked out the window at the falling rain. " Okay. "

He picked up his phone and dialled Justin's number. " You need to get down here now. " He said into the receiver.

" Yeah, it's about that. " He said.

" Yeah, yeah we'll meet you there. She's with me. "

" No dude we only met for coffee to explain what's going on. We'll tell you when you get here. "

" Yeah, bye. " He said, hanging up.

Justin asked why i was with Ryan? That's why I always had a special spot for him, no matter how or when he pissed me off. Him being so protective and caring reminded me of why i love him in the first place. But i can't be all forgiving now, it's not what matters most right now.

" Come on, we're meeting Justin at the Hotel down the road. " He said as he walked out.

" Hotel? Why! " I asked, following him and trying to keep up with the pace he was walking at.

" Just get in the car Jess. "

I nodded and hopped in, biting my nails nervously.

5 minutes later, we pulled into the parking lot of a lower class hotel. Justin's car was already parked and he was waiting outside his car, standing in the pouring rain, wearing all black.

" Come on, i called and booked us a room. " Justin said. We both went inside and took an elevator up to the 3rd floor.

Justin carried a black bag on his back. He slid the key card down the slot on the door and walked in.

" What do we need a hotel room for? " I asked.

" We need to have somewhat of a private place to discuss and plan. " Justin answered, making no eye contact with me.

" Tell him what you told me this morning. " Ryan said.

Justin turned around and faced me, making goosebumps appear on my arms. The way he looked at me, was weird. He'd never looked at me that way before. He looked guilty, but sorry.

" Holly, my neighbour. Her sister is Marley. " I explained.

Justin's eyes widened. " And? "

" They're looking further into the investigation. Holly is determined to find out who killed her sister. "

" Oh my god. " He sighed.

We both sat down on opposite sides of the bed. " The day i came back from New York, i got a letter. It said, 'stay away from him'. Then this morning, there was another one. It said , 'i told you he was dangerous'. "

Justin looked confused. " This can't be possible, how came someone else know? We're the only ones who really know. "

I shook my head in confusion and looked over to Ryan.

" What do you think we should do. "

" I think we need to keep it on the down low for a couple of days, hide out here until we figure out what the police are doing, then we'll take it from there. "

Both Justin and I looked at each other weirdly. I looked away before he figured out why i was looking at him weirdly. There's only 2 beds in this room and there's 3 of us.

Looks like i'll have to be choosing tonight.

Sorry for taking so long, but i really want to create some tension and mystery into this story and i really wanna know what you guys think of me doing that! Comment and let me know!!! Also don't forget to vote!