Chapter 45

The next day, i sat in my extremely comfy office chair. There was only one hour left before i got off work. The day was going by surprisingly fast.

" Hello McCormack & Co. " I chirped into the phone.

" Um, hello i'm coming in to drop off my dad's bag, he left it home this morning. Just let him know i'm coming. " A male voice said through the phone.

" Sure, i'm guessing you are Mr. McCormack's son? " I asked, politely.

" Yeah, just let him know i'll be there in 10 minutes. " He said, and hung up after i said good bye.

I called into Mr. McCormack's office, and let him know that his son will be here with his bag soon. He told me to send him in once he got here.

I took down today's notes and sent off the emails for Mr McCormack, while i was waiting for his son.

" Hello? "

I shot my head up, frightened by his voice. I never even heard him come in through the front door.

Oh my god.

I looked at his body, up and down. His messy and scruffy looking light brown hair, his athletic and broadly built body. He was wearing a pair of nicely fitting dark wash jeans, and a thin white, long sleeve.

" Hello, you're Mr. McCormack's son? " I asked, surprised. He was insanely good looking, and i couldn't help but stare.

" Uh, yes. I called about 10 minutes ago, " He said staring back, dead into my eyes.

" Yes, he said to send you right in. " I smiled as he nodded and walked past my desk.

For a second, i forgot about Justin. But, seeing were taking things slow, maybe it wouldn't hurt. No Jess, what are you saying.

3 or 4 short minutes later, he came back out the hall.

" I never caught your name. " He said, as he stopped at my desk, smiling sweetly.

" Jess, Jess Rogers. " I smiled

" I'm Chase, McCormack. " He said reaching out for my hand. " Nice to meet you! "

I smiled, " You too. "

He walked out the door and waved on the way out. I felt as if i was in a trans.

The whole way home, Chase, never left my mind. He was such a good looking guy, and no matter how many feelings i have for Justin and no matter how intense they are, i like Chase, not like that but he seems like an extremely nice guy.

~

Once i pulled into my driveway, i seen Holly getting out of her car. She waved cheerfully and gave me a friendly smile.

" Hey! " I said, getting out of my car.

" Hey! "

" What's up? " I asked her.

" Nothing, just getting home from work! " She answered.

" Me too! "

" I know, we don't know each other but do you maybe want to go out tonight? "

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. " Sure, i'd love to. "

She smiled brightly, " Perfect! I'll meet you out here around 8? "

I nodded and waved good bye as i walked into my house, suddenly feeling mixed between excited and nervous about hanging out with Holly. She seems nice, and acts polite but what if she is some hard core cigarette smoker that does drugs and owns a piercing parlour? I shook my head at how silly that sounds, i'm sure she's who she seems to be.

It was only 5 o'clock, and i had 3 hours before i had to meet Holly. I decided I would call Justin, and see if he wanted to come over, and see the house.

I dialled his number, and waited 3 rings before he picked up.

" Hello? " He answered.

" Hey, " I said, suddenly happy to hear his voice again.

" How was work today? "

" It was good, a little boring. " I said, smiling when i remembered Chase McCormack.

Stop it Jess.

I shook my head, trying to erase the thought of him from my mind.

" Do you wanna come over, hang out for a while? " I asked him, a little too anxiously.

" Yeah, i'll be over in 10. " He said. "Just one thing, i don't know where your house is. " He laughed.

" It's fine, ask Pattie and i'll wait for you outside. "

" Sounds good, see you in a few. "

" Okay, bye! " I answered.

I decided i would get ready before he came, so i wouldn't have to awkwardly slip away while he was here.

I slide a tight and kind of short, white dress up over my legs, and i admired myself as i zipped the back of my dress up. The dress perfectly hugged my curves.
I smiled when i seen the reflection, i was happy with it, impressed and proud. I hope i'm not over dressed or underdressed, i forgot to ask where we're going.

I walked out through the front door and waited for Justin outside my house. He pulled up 2 short minutes later, I smiled as he got out of his car and walked up to me.

" Hey, " he said softly, bringing me close to him and kissing me gently on my lips.

" Hi, " i said breathlessly.

I held his hand as we walked inside and made a stupid joke about how he must have gotten taller.

" Nice place Jess. " He said awkwardly.

I showed him the cozy living room the bright kitchen, and every other small nook and cranny that was in the house. He seemed to be impressed and i have to admit, looking through the house now made me love it 10 times more. I found the small attic and the cubby hole under the stairwell.

" Thanks, i gotta say i'm pretty in love with it myself. "

" How's Bella? " I asked.

" Good, Pattie's been watching her for most of the week, I helped on days she couldn't. " He smiled.

" Good to hear, her room is coming together slowly, but it'll be done by the end of the week. I just wanted to wait until her room was completely finished." I explained.

" I'm so sorry Jessica, you know that & i know that i've said that so many times but i mean it, i'm so sorry. " He brought up completely out of the blue, sitting down next to me on the couch.

" I know, you can stop apologizing i'm sorry too. " I admitted.

" I know, but i can't help but feel horrible every minute of the day knowing that i'm the reason you cried."

I couldn't look at him, because i knew if i did, i would end up attacking his face and giving into him way too fast.

" It kills me Jess, knowing that i hurt you. I can't fully trust that i have your complete trust because, there's so many other guys out there, who can embrace you and kiss you in public, who can take care of you better than i can, and more importantly, guys would aren't tangled in a web of lies. " He admitted, his eyes burning on the side of my face.

Chase McCormack immediately came to mind. " Well it's kind of hard to trust you too, i mean you're still fake dating Selena and just because i forgave you doesn't mean it doesn't bother me anymore. " I admitted, kind of saucily.

" Jess, we went through this if we keep talking about it we'll start fighting. "

" You're the one who brought it up..." I said, glaring at him. Mad that he's starting a fight.

" Okay, well stop talking now. " He said placing both hands on his knees.

" Excuse me? " I asked, taken back by what he said.

" No, i meant stop talking about it, so we don't start fighting. "

" Justin, you know what, just leave. " I said, raising my voice slightly.

" What? "

" I feel like i made a mistake bringing you here, maybe it's too soon. "

" Jess, don't be crazy. "

" No, Justin i'm not being crazy. I'm just saying i don't know where my head is now, i'm confused and i just need space. " I yelled.

He stood up and walked over to the door, put his shoes on and walked out slamming the door behind him.

I glanced up at the small clock on the wall, i still have an hour before i go with Holly so i decided to make myself a quick salad and watch the latest episodes of Dancing With The Stars.

Commercials announced that tomorrow Justin is having an exclusive interview on ET tomorrow, i'll have to watch it.

8 o'clock came pretty quickly and i shoved a pair of medium height heels on my feet. Holly was waiting outside her house, wearing a beautiful deep purple dress that fit her body, just like my dress hugged mine.

" You look great! " She complimented.

" Thanks Holly, you too! " I answered.

She smiled, and we both got into her car.

" Where are we going? " I asked, admiring the pretty trees that arched over the road perfectly.

" My brother's best friend's party! It's okay, he's cool and he won't mind you coming with me. "

I nodded. " Okay, cool! What's his name? " I asked.

" Chase McCormack. " She answered, pulling off the road and driving down the small side road.

Hope you guys liked it:) Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts! I should be updating again soon!

xx