Chapter 7

2 weeks passed, Justin and I haven't spoke a word to each other. I haven't seen a lot of him lately, he's been completely avoiding me.
I spent all of last week crying and constantly hating on myself for making the mess that i've made. I can't stand the fact that i made him angry like that. I've never ever heard him use that tone of voice, it still gives me chills.

Today i had planned to go down to the boardwalk and shop along the beach. Considering i've been living here for weeks now and i haven't got to that yet.
I threw on a old floor length skirt, matched with a floral tank top. I drove my car down to the board walk and decided i'd walk from there.

There was so many cute shell shops and the people we're so kind. At the end of the day, i ended up with 2 new dresses and a cute shell ring. I was proud with how the day turned out.
On the way back home i stopped to Dairy Queen for an ice cream.
I walked in and the place smelt like fresh cream and rainbow sprinkles.
When it was my turn i looked up at the cashier " Large Smartie Blizzard please! " I said with a smile on my face.
Once i got my ice cream and made my way out the door, i bumped into Ryan...

" Jess? " He said stopping me from hopping into my car.

I looked up and smiled like i never knew it was him in the first place, " Oh hey Ryan! "

He smiled back, " I haven't seen you in a long time, " he said coming over and leaning on the driver side door.

" I know, it's been a while. " i answered.

" What brings you down here? " he asked.

" Shopping, " i laughed.

He laughed back, " i see! "

" I should get going, " i said awkwardly breaking up the conversation.

" Yeah me too, but hey! I'm around we should chill sometime! Call me soon! "

I smiled at this, " Definitely! I will! "

" Good! See ya later! " he waved walking back over to his car.

Well that was kind of awkward, but when he walked away i couldn't help but smile. Maybe the plan would work out, maybe I could forget about Justin all together. Maybe Ryan can be my new guy. Maybe.

I arrived home and i felt tired, there was nothing to do. I'm getting sick of watching movies all day. I hate to admit it but it's boring without Justin, but to be 100% honest... I feel like i'm loosing feelings for him all together.

I ordered Pizza and decided i would call Ryan. I mean he was in town and Justin's staying with my dad and Pattie for the next couple days.

I dialed the number, and waited after 3 rings for an answer.

" Hello? " Ryan answered.

" Hey, it's Jess! "

" Oh hey! "

" I hope it's not too soon but i ordered pizza and i was wondering if your not doing anything did you wanna comeover? "

" Sure that'd be awesome! I'll be over in 20 minutes! "

I smiled, " See you then! "

Feeling excited about my little get together with Ryan, i decided to clean up some of the mess before he got here. I brushed out my hair and brushed my teeth. Changed into some leggings and a baggy soccer hoodie.
15 minutes later the was a gentle knock at the door. I ran over to the door and opened it, " Hey! " I said letting him in.

" I'm early, " he said laughing.

" Yeah, by 5 minutes! " I teased.

He laughed, " I'm starving and that looks delicious. " He said making his way over to the pizza.

We both sat down and ate the full pizza, while talking about hockey. It was 8 o'clock now, and it was getting dark outside. I didn't know if he planned on staying late but i didn't care, i think i might be starting to like him.

We sat on the couch and watched Ellen, we laughed at some parts but i have to admit for the most of it, it was extremely awkward, it's like we kept making awkward eye contact and we sitting fairly close to each other.

" Jess, i don't mean to be rude but can i crash here for the night? "

" Yeah that's fine! " i answered.

" Thanks a million! " he smiled warmly.

I began to think about how tonight was going to go, where was he going to sleep and what were we going to do.

" Uh you can take the couch or the bed i don't care! " i suggested.

" I'm not going to kick you out of your own bed Jess! " He protested.

" I don't care, it's fine the couch is just as comfy. "

" Well, we could always share the bed." He said looking at me dead in the eyes.

I felt my cheeks turn read, i smiled a little. I don't know where this is going but maybe it won't be a bad thing after all. Was he flirting with me?

We giggled at stupid remarks the whole night, but around 11 o'clock i felt really tired.
I went in the room and climbed in bed, Ryan stayed watching TV for a while longer. But when he came in i felt giddy. My heart starting racing, my cheeks were red, i could tell. I'm starting to really like this boy.
He pulled his shirt over his head and climbed under the sheets next to me. Our bodies touched, he turned to me and stared at me for a while,

" Are you sure you're okay with me, sleeping in your bed? "

" It's not a big deal! " I smiled.

He smiled back, " Goodnight Jess. "

" Good night Ryan. "