Chapter 55

" Hey, " Chase greeted me as i walked through the front door.

" Hey. " I answered.

I can't get Justin off my mind. He's seeing someone? Plus the fact that he told me how much I hurt him.

It meant nothing, he said.

I walked into the room and laid down on the bed. It's time to move on now, for good. Chase is who i'm supposed to be with. Justin has clearly moved on so i should too.

" Jess? " Chase said from outside the door.

" Yeah? " I answered drying my tears.

" What's wrong? " He asked.

" I just had a rough day. " I admitted.

He came down and laid next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

" You wanna talk about it? " He asked.

I shook my head no, it'd be best if we never... I said in my mind.

" Okay. "

I sat up and unexpectedly hugged him.

" My mom offered to take Bella while we went on the trip. " Chase explained.

" That's good! " I smiled.

" She's pretty excited to get to spend time with her. "

I smiled, " I'm going to miss her. " I admitted. "

" Me too. "

I got up from the bed and undressed to change into gym pants.

" Want me to go pick up Chinese Food?" He asked.

" Uh, sure! " I said, suddenly having a crave for chicken balls and rice.

" When i get back, we need to pack. "

I nodded and kissed him on the cheek before he left.

While Chase was gone, I packed Bella's bags for her stay at Mrs McCormack's house. 20 minutes later Chase returned with the food and i walked out with Isabella in my arms.
This is my last chance to decided about New York. Should i really go? I mean it is sort of a big commitment.
It's not like it matters anyways, Justin found someone else. It's time for me to start acting as his step sister.

I leaned over the table and kissed Chase, kissed him out of the blue. But it felt good. It's definitely time to start getting over Justin.

" I'm excited for New York. " I said, rested my forehead against his.

" Me too. " He smiled, taking my face in between his big hands.

The rest of the night was spent over silly slurping noodles contests and a surprisingly productive night of packing our suitcases.

" We leave tomorrow at noon! " He said excitedly.

" I can't believe i'm actually going to New York. " I fantasized.

He hugged me close to him, " Let's get some sleep, we'll get up early and go to Mom's for breakfast, then... " He smiled.

" New York! " I finished for him.

He kissed me gently on the lips, "Goodnight Jess. "

" Night. "

~
We dropped Isabella off at Chase's parents house.

" Thank you again Ms. McCormack! "

She smiled, and brought me in for a hug. " It's my pleasure! "

" We'll see you in 2 weeks, but we'll call every night! " I smiled before walking out through the door.

" Okay, bye! " She answered.

~

Everything looked so beautiful from up high. The lights, and how the buildings looked like little lego buildings in a lego city.

" You've been on a plane before right? " He asked.

" Yes, " I laughed.

" You're acting like you haven't! " He joked.

" Oh, shh don't look at me and tell me you can't help but be amazed by the view. "

He rolled his eyes, " Maybe we should just get some sleep, we have a long flight. " He said.

I nodded and rested my head into the crook of his neck. Quicker than i thought, i drifted off into a light sleep.

" Jess? " I heard him whisper in my ear.

I opened my eyes a little, i was still on his shoulder. " Yeah? " I said softly.

" We're about to land. "

I sat up and looked out the window, it was breathtaking. Flying over the sky scraper buildings was overwhelming enough, but even being in New York was 10 times more exciting.

" Woah, " I said, still enjoying the view.

" It's beautiful. " He addmited.

" Yeah it is, " I agreed.

The plane began to land and it was my least favourite part of flying. I sat back in my seat and 2 minutes later we landed.

~

The hotel, our room on the 13th floor had a had an amazing view of the Empire Stare Building, and all the rest of New York.

The hotel itself was extremely fancy anyways. I felt really grown up as silly as it sounded.

Justin's POV

Jess's journal? She never took it with her? Should i read it?

I sat at the edge of Jess's old bed frame and flicked through the pages of her journal. The guilt was burning in my stomach. It's already horrible enough that i lied to her about seeing someone when i'm really not. Is it bad if i looked through her journal?

I couldn't help it. It's not like she'd ever know anyways.

Dear Journal,

I spent the whole day with Justin today. I went to his concert for the first time. It was amazing. As completely weird and gross as it may sound, i really think i'm falling for my new stepbrother.
Wow, i never thought i would be this person. Who falls for the person she can't have. But i am. Although i picture myself marrying a Doctor and starting my career in Interior Design, I can't picture myself with anyone else but him.

Am i going crazy?

Jess.

Dear Journal,

Is this real life? Because i just kissed Justin. Did that just happen?
I got what i wanted, i wished to feel his lips up against mine and i got it.
It felt perfect. It literally could not have been more perfect. He's everything I could have ever asked for, but i can't have him. There always seems to be a catch, some annoying bump in the middle of a perfectly straight road.

Did i really just kiss my stepbrother?..

Jess.

Dear Journal,

We're making it work.. We're actually gonna try. It's been 2 weeks since we kissed and it's still replaying over and over in my head.
Today, we went to the movies. It's kind of hard keeping the fact that i'm dating my stepbrother a secret to the public, while you're out in public.
It's all bad enough anyways. I mean, this whole relationship is a secret. Nobody knows. Nobody can know. Nobody will know. It's the only way this will work.

I really want this to work.

Jess.

Dear Journal,

I'm so stupid, what the hell is wrong with me. God, i had it so good and know it's all down the drain. Stupid me. It's not entirely my fault, it's his. But still, it's my fault. I feel like the walls are closing in. I'm running out of options to chose from.
Stupid Selena. Stupid Justin. Stupid me for believing in everything that could never work out, and i knew that in the first place.
The more i think about him, see him, or even hear his name i want to curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out.

I'm going crazy.

Jess.

Dear
Journal,

I can't stand being away from him. It's literally killing me. Being away from his is like literally detaching my other half.
There really is nothing like us. I mean, who else would go through everything we did to date their stepbrother? If there really is a person out there who shares the same crave as me, i'd like to meet them.
God, i have to live in the same house as him and even though he is in the room over, i miss him like crazy. His face, that perfect smile, the way he kissed my cheek for no reason at all.
I wish i could just go over there right now and kiss him. I need it, i want it so badly. I can't. I just can't bring myself to believe that what i'm putting him through, kissing him will make it all better.

I'm so confused.

Jess.

Dear Journal,

I'm planning on leaving, moving away on my own with Bella. Leaving Justin and started my life over completely. As horrible as that sounds, as of right now it seems to be my only option. What else am i supposed to do? I'm getting really sick of sitting around and waiting for an apology.

What is wrong with me.

Jess.

Dear Journal,

I'm leaving tomorrow. I bought a place and surprisingly i'm happy and i don't feel as horrible as i thought i would. Maybe starting over is what's best for all of us.
I love him, more than anything. I will never stop having feelings for him. He's just one of those kind hearted people, who are so nice no matter how mad you are towards him, you can't help but smile when you see him. I know that's exactly the way i feel.

I still can't believe this is really happening.

Jess.

I looked down at the thick journal in my hand. There were tears in my eyes as much as i hate to admit it, even to myself.
I flicked through one more time not believing what i had just read. I felt more guilty than ever, for reading her journal but it was worth it. I know how she really feels.

There's only one thing i can do to get her back. Go to New York.

I took forever for this update and i'm really sorry, but i hope you guys like it. Please vote & comment your thoughts on it!!! Once again sorry for taking so long!

Xoxo