chapter 6

Bow watched Vaba as he scanned the room for her, he was blushing but didn't look upset. She took a deep breath and got up, walked to a nearby place that could pass as somewhere she hid, and turned visible. She walked back over to the table and sat down again. "S-sorry..." She whispered, fighting the urge to turn invisible again. Vaba looked at her with a slight smile. "It's ok, it was kinda..." He blushed harder. "...Nice?" Bow didn't know how to respond to that, she hadn't expected him to like it. Did that mean he liked her back? She looked at him sideways, "Really...?" He nodded, then he looked at the clock. "Hey, it's almost time for the next class. What do you have next?" Bow had memorized her schedule, and didn't even need to look at the paper. "Science." She told him. He grinned. "Same. I'll warn you though, if you sit next to me something might explode on you!" Bow smirked a little and got up from the table. "Meh, worth the risk..." She trailed off, noticing how close she was sounding. He got up too and took her hand. "Come on then, little furball." 

  Bow found out that she shared every class with Vaba, except math. He was so good at it that he was in a higher level class than her.  She walked into math alone and sat down in the back, mostly out of habit. After a minute, a black wolf sat down next to her. Bow was scared for a second, but calmed herself with the thought that it wasn't the same wolf and she had seen her in all the previous classes. "Hi! I'm Darkreign, you can just call me Dark though." The black wolf said with a smile. "Hi! I'm Bow.." Bow replied and smiled too. Dark must've been new too, Bow hadn't seen her in any of the previous years of invisible school. "Bow? That name sounds familiar, from like... Years and years ago. I don't know from where though..." Bow's heart leapt. Had Dark been a friend she had? Or maybe she's heard that Bow went missing? She tried to act calm though and not push too much, she wanted to be friends with Dark, not scare her off. "Really? That's cool." "Yeah." The teacher stood up and said, "Everyone please end your conversations now, we're starting with the lesson." And then proceeded to begin explaining a complicated variable problem. Bow tried to pay attention, but she was lost. Variables always confused her. So of course, the teacher called her up for a practice problem. Bow walked up and stared, confused and a little scared, at the board. "Uhhhhh...." Bow mumbled then gave it her best shot. When halfway through most of the class started laughing and the teacher scowled at her, Bow knew she messed up. Oh well, I've already failed... Might as well... She turned around and announced. "I did the rest in my head, and the answer is x equals 666.13." She put the chalk down and walked back to her seat. The whole class was holding back laughter now, and the teacher looked murderous. Dark gave Bow a high-five as she sat down. "I need to remember that one, evil unlucky math!" "Thanks!" Bow giggled. The teacher stood up again. "That will count as a fail for you, Bow." Then called up someone else to complete the problem. Bow looked down, sad. Dark slid her a note. "It's ok, at least you failed in a good way instead of just being boring and getting it wrong like a normal person!" Bow smiled and wrote back, "Thanks." She had a feeling Dark and she would be very good friends. 

  After school, Bow was reluctant to leave, but Dark and Vaba had to go home and there was nothing elseto do. She went for a walk, then to the resturants as normal, then went to sleep on a bench in the park. 

  (Random note: There are exactly 666 words in the story!  13 in note.)