Chapter 5

Five more years later... 

  Bow walked up to the school, not invisible for the first time. This year she'd decided to go like a normal person, partly because she was having trouble with math and wanted help, but mostly because she wanted to try to make friends with Vaba. Each year it became harder to remain unnoticed and not talk to him. She walked up the steps to the high school, and made her way to the first class, history. Bow walked to the back of the room and sat down in the last row, where she knew Vaba would sit. He always went to the back of the room. She unpacked her books, something very new, and then waited for class to start. At the last minute, Vaba rushed in and, as Bow had known, went to the back of the room. He sat down next to Bow, and she looked down to hide her smile and blushing. Since it was the first day of school, the teacher called all the students up to introduce themselves. Bow listened to most of the class, who she already knew, including Vaba, then she was called up. She walked shyly up to the front of the class and said in a quiet voice, "I-I'm Bow, this is my first time going to school... I like writing alot..." Bow paused and noticed Vaba staring at her, recognition on his face. "I... Uhh... That's all I have to say about myself!" Bow squeaked uncomfortably and hurried back to her seat. Vaba was still looking at her, and as the last people were talking about themselves he leaned over and whispered, "Do you remember me?" Oh yes she did... Hadn't forgotten for a day. She nodded and smiled a little. Then the teacher began talking and they both looked forward and listened. 

  It was finally lunch time, and Bow sat at a table all alone, watching everyone. Then Vaba sat down beside her. "Hey Bow..." He said. "Hi!" She replied in a slightly squeaky voice. "So um... Did you find your family?" Vaba asked quietly. Bow looked down. "I..." Vaba looked down too. "Oh, sorry..." He said. "I.. Yeah, it's.. Um... Thanks for helping me." Bow murmered. Vaba looked a little surprised. "You remembered that? And yeah no problem... Furball." Bow smiled. "I always remembered..." "Why'd you run away though? Unless you don't wanna tell me..." Vaba looked a little awkward while asking that. "I... Was scared, and didn't want to bother you by being helped..." She whispered. "You didn't need to, I..." Bow cut him off by grabbing his hand and pulling him closer. "It doesn't matter, you probably saved my life." And Bow gave him a quick kiss. There was a second of stunned silence then Bow squeaked and fell backward off the bench. She turned invisible as she fell, and just lay on the ground chastizing herself for probably messing up any hope of being friends with him.