Pirate au pt 2

~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•
(Nico's POV)

I turned and swam away. I felt sort of bad for leaving him there but there was nothing I could do about it.

I sped twards the grotto. When I arrived I see a nervous Hazel, and an irataited Percy with Annabeath and Frank in the background. Frank was an extremely muscular merman. He was the son of the chief guard and second in charge of the military (after his father). But dispite his looks, he was really sweet and kind. He had a red tail that had grey tips on the end.
"Nico!" Hazle shreaked, "where were you?"

"Um ya about that," I said rubbing my neck, "let's sit down, the storm, happened."

I got interupted by Percy, "ya I left you. You said that you'd meet me here."

"And I did. now let me continue, a sailor fell off the boat. The Captain dove off to save him-"

"The captain he has a crush​ on," said Percy interupting me again.

"Anyway," I scowled but continued, "he dove off and saved the sailor but he did make it back onto the boat."

Hazel looked at me with wide eyes, "you didn't let him die did you?"

I shook my head, "no I swam him to the nearest beach and healed him. I hid behind a boulder as he woke up. He heard me sneeze. He said he would find me if I didn't show myself so I only showed my face and arms. Then he saw the tip of my tail, he knew I was a merman. He asked me my name and I told him. Making the connection, he asked me a bunch of questions which I didn't answer. Then he Wondered if we could sing. I sing a sleeping hymn but stopped before he actually passed out. He knows who I am and lost his crew. I feel like I need to help him but I don't know how." I finished.

"Well, he needs to eat and drink first of all," said Annabeath, "what do people eat?"
We all shrugged, "does that mean you'll help me?" I asked hopefully.

"Anything for my little cousins crush," said Percy.
"I don't have a crush on him." I insisted, blushing.

"He will probably want to get back to his ship," put in Frank, "and know where he is."
We had gathered some fish, and seaweed for him to eat. I hoped he could actually eat it.

~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•

The next day we swam back to the beach. When were 30 yards out I surfaced. It was still dark outside. I saw him by a... What was that? It was glowing while danceing and flickering. He huddled close to it like it was keeps him warm.
Annabeath surfaced by me and gasped, "th-that is a-a fire!"
I looked in awe at the fire dancing and glowing. The others came up behind me, "is that him?" Hazel asked.
I nodded, "let me go first I'll let you know when to come. Please wait by that reef about a mile out." They nodded and swam away leaving me to greet the Will and the fire.

I scooted into the sand so my torso was on the dry sand and my long black tail was in the water.
"Will," I whispered. Why was I whispering?
He looked at me. His eyes were so pretty and blue.

"Nico," he asked, "is that you?"

I used my elbows to drag myself a little closer, I didn't want him to see my tail. Why? Because it's ugly and black. Normally merpeople have bright tails, nope not me. I get a solid black tail that nobody likes.

"How are you?" I asked.
He looked shocked that I had spoken to him.

"Good I guess. As well as I can be stranded on a random island."

I rolled my eyes, "what's that?" I asked pointing to the fire," I know Annabeath had already told me, but I wanted make sure it was real.

"It's fire," he laughed, "you really haven't seen fire before?"