Chapter Thirty Eight

"I'm so sorry," I begin to sob as I cuddle into Joe.

"Hey! What's the matter?" He asks, kissing my forehead while sitting me up.

"It's all my fault, none of this would've happened if it wasn't for me! I shouldn't have collabed with you, I've brought you so much trouble." Everything that has happened during the past few weeks has brought so much chaos to his life, he's been so stressed and all of these problems are caused by me. The guilt has finally caught up to me and it's a pain I would prefer not to feel. I really wish I could take back collabing with him. Of course, I would never want that, I love him and everything he's brought to my life but I would prefer leaving him happy and that would be without me.

"Don't ever say that!" He tells me sternly, abruptly withdrawing me from my thoughts. "I love you."

"And I love you but I think you're better off without me." I sigh, as much as I hate those words, it's true.

"Stop it," he grumbles.

"I'm sorry." I sigh, realising how silly I sound. I'm probably hurting his feelings and making this situation ten times worse.

"It's okay." He smiles, kissing my forehead.

Joe has honestly changed my life before I met him I had low self-esteem, no courage, fear of letting myself enjoy all possibilities life had to offer and how can I not forget being with the psychotic Liam. And if I never collabed with him, if I made the smallest decision not to for all I know I could still be in that place. I would be married to Liam, unsure of what actual love was and what really lay beneath his fake personality. Every ounce of happiness that has been added to my life I can say was because of Joe. As Joe and I begin to drift off, us both in each other's arms, refusing to let go; mainly because of the warmth but also because his embrace offers security and comfort, he kisses my forehead gently and a smile creeps its way onto my face. This is one memory I will never forget. Just simply being in his arms brings me every kind of positive emotion there is. Nothing could bring me down right now.

"Since I met you, I have felt true happiness, I know it's cheesy but it's true." I smile, both our eyes remaining closed.

"Me too," he whispers. "I love you, Y/N."

IT'S IMPORTANT YOU READ THE A/N AFTER THIS CHAPTER