Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Me and Liam click upload to the video announcing our engagement, getting over excited and jumping and dancing around my flat.

"Liam?" I ask, calming myself and falling down onto my the grey L-shaped sofa exhausted. Liam falls down next to me a little breathless, taking my hands in his with a grin.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to move in with me?" I ask, laughing at the sudden shock and delight in his face. "It's only right since we're now engaged."

"Of course I'll move in with you." I smile, kissing him. We're interrupted however when my phone notifies me of a text which I answer a few moments later, getting up and walking over to the kitchen where my phone currently sits.

Joe:

Congratulations on the engagement!

"Who's Joe?" Liam asks protectively, all of a sudden at my side.

"I told you about Joe, the guy I collabed with?" I remind him, getting a little uncomfortable when the room feels a lot more tense with the sudden change in Liam's behaviour. He knows Joe who Joe is, having seen me watch him before and hear me speak about him. He knows there is no threat so I'm baffles me as to why he's asking, we don't have secrets anyway.

"Oh." He says blankly before walking into the bedroom and leaving me confused. I lock my phone, leaving it on the counter and going into the bedroom to find Liam who lies on the bed staring up at the ceiling looking pretty pissed.

"What's wrong?" I ask, laying beside him, propping myself up on my elbow.

"Nothing." He snaps defensively, sitting up and putting his head in his hands.

"Liam, something has clearly upset you, what's wrong?" I question again, placing my hand lightly on his shoulder but he shrugs me off forcefully glaring at me. I back away silently, almost feeling scared with the threatening glare. I leave the bedroom and sit on the sofa staring at the carpeted floor unsure of what to do now, I don't really feel like moving, the whole atmosphere has changed from excited and ecstatic to tense and anger filled. I feel like I need to be silent and still, as if something would happen if I were to do the opposite of those things. Liam's sudden outburst of anger must be because of Joe, I don't see why he'd feel threatened though. It's not as if Joe's text was something to be cautious about, in fact he was congratulating me so he's clearly happy for us. And Liam should be happy that I've now got a friend, not angry, that's what he seems to be anyway.

"I'm sorry about that." Liam apologizes coming back into the room in a complete different manner than he was acting before.

"It's okay." I say like a whisper, unsure of how to feel.

"I'm going to go out for a bit." He mumbles, taking his jacket from the chair and leaving me in the silence of my flat.