Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

I'm woken to the sound of birds tweeting outside and sunlight peering through the almost transparent curtains attempting to cover my windows. I smile; happiness filling me when I turn to see Joe sleeping calmly on the left side of my bed. I don't wake him, letting him sleep, instead slowly moving out off the bed and walking out to my kitchen where I begin to make pancakes with the sudden craving I have for them today. As I watch the last pancake, being the sixth, sizzle away in the pan I feel two warm arms wrap around my waist bringing back my smile.

"Good morning." I hear Joe say quietly before kissing my cheek, his arms remaining around me.

"Morning." I say back before turning around, kissing him properly, then turning back to flip the pancake over letting the other side turn a golden brown. "Is pancakes okay?" I ask Joe, he makes a noise resembling a yes and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I love you." He whispers as I take the last pancake onto the top of the pile and turning the heat off.

"I love you too." I say back, breaking away from his embrace and taking the plate of pancakes to my dining table and sitting there, Joe following and sitting opposite me. Having random conversations, we eat our pancakes, finishing them quite quickly from waking up fairly hungry. "Do you have to do anything today?" I ask, frowning, knowing he probably does since he's quite a busy person.

"Nope." He smiles as my face lights up, I've not been able to spend the whole day with him since Zoe's which was a while ago now.

"Really?!" I ask, excitedly, he nods his head confirming his words. I rush up and run around to the other side of the table sitting on his lap and wrapping both of my arms around his neck, kissing him. Joe giggles, taking his hand around my both my legs and lifting me up, taking me over to the sofa where he sits me back on his lap and wraps his arms around me burying his head in my shoulder.

"Let's spend the day here." He murmurs which just makes me happier.

The whole day me and Joe simply sat around and hung out which could seem boring but it was the best thing I could've done today. This is the happiest I've ever been. Who knew just one person could make your whole world light up; as cheesy as it sounds. With Liam I thought I was in love, I thought he was the one who could mend my broken life and make me happy again but with Joe I've learned what real love is. When you'd do anything for them. When you trust them completely, feel so overly comfortable you could do the most silliest thing around them and not care, when you have such an overwhelming feeling of care for them. All of which I now know I didn't feel for Liam. I never loved him. I thought I did but now it's so obvious I didn't. Thinking Liam could fix my broken life was foolish, he just broke it more. But Joe—he can actually make me truly happy, not one that is really sadness camouflaged with a fake and ugly happy. Everything is right. For once, nothing is misplaced in my life. However, at some point I know things will go wrong and at the moment that is what I fear the most.

Sorry I've not updated in a while and that this chapter is short and crappy, hope you enjoyed :)