Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Earlier this morning, I drove Liam to Ryan's where they were meeting. They were both acting off with me when I got there, it was utterly awkward and now that I'm parked in front of Joe's flat I've never felt so relieved to be out of that situation. I eventually told Liam what I was doing today and his response was brief, he didn't sound excited for me, he just said 'okay' after all. Sighing, I shake the negativity of this morning away and bring out my smile. I get to his front door and with one of my shaky hands, I knock and soon answering is Joe himself. I'm almost taken aback when we come face to face, he's real and not on a screen. Here, right now, his eyes are a more vibrant blue and his smile is a lot more cheerful.

"Hey!" He grins, opening the door wider. "Come in."

"Thanks for inviting me," I say politely, following Joe towards the sofa where we both sit. (During this story, Joe continues to live with Caspar in their old flat.)

"Did you have to travel far?" He asks me.

"No, I don't live far from here actually." I smile, turning to face him.

"Oh, great!" He grins. "So, about the video, I have an idea. You might know I've done a few impression videos?"

"Of course."

"You watch me then?" He giggles.

"Um... Yeah." I respond nervously. "You were actually the YouTuber who inspired me to begin this whole thing."

"No way!" He gasps, a shocked expression but very clearly quite proud as the grin grows wider on his face. "Anyway, I thought we could do an impressions challenge."

"Sounds fun," I giggle. "You're going to win."

"Hey--you can't be that bad!"

"No, really, I am."

Soon after getting to know each other a little better, we made our way downstairs and into his room where the camera was already set up. Each time we'd try to film the intro we'd fail. The first time, Joe stubbed his toe onto the bed which resulted in him shrieking in pain while I chuckled quietly to myself. The second, the camera decided it'd be fun to fail at focusing... Several times. And the third, each word that'd stumble out of our mouths ended up rolling into laughter instead. This is the fourth time we're attempting to film.

"Hello everyone, today I am joined with..." Joe says suspensefully, before pointing to his right where I jump in.

"Y/N!" I finish his sentence while putting my hands up in the air.

"Did you just speak in the third person?" He giggles quietly.

"There is no shame," I smirk, allowing him to continue on with his sentence.

"Today, we're going to be filming an impressions challenge, how do you feel?" He questions, turning to me with a large grin.

"Well," I begin seriously. "I am already feeling defeated."

"Interesting," he smiles. "So, Caspar wrote us a load of impressions. We have to pick out one each and if the impression is good, we get a point. If not, you don't." Joe explains simply, lifting up a bowl with the small folded pieces of paper in. "Wanna go first?" He asks, I sigh with a smile, pulling out one of the pieces of paper and reading it out for the camera.

"Caspar," I tilt my head with a small smile. "Of course!" Knowing the outcome already, I still give it my best shot with my awful South African accent, Joe falls back with laughter while I giggle quietly in shame.

"For the entertainment, I'll give you the point." Joe claps while I nod my head in response.

"Alright," I laugh. "You're go." I hold out the bowl for Joe to take a piece of paper and he does, reading the word out confidently.

"Scottish." Instantly, I know he'll earn the point and rightly so, he does.

"And the point is awarded to you!" I cheer.

After filming, my stomach growls and Joe looks over to me with a light chuckle.

"Want to grab something to eat?" I nod my head with a small smile, my face a little crimson from the loud grumbling of my stomach. "How about (Your choice of place to eat)?"

"Sounds great!" Together, we decide to walk there and eat out instead but on the way, a girl with long brown hair and a bright smile stops us with her phone in hand, the camera already up on the screen.

"Hi! I love your videos." She squeals.

"Thank you," Joe smiles at her, responding to her instant hug. "Do you want a photo?"

"Yes, please," and with that, she then turns to me. "Y/N?"

"Hi." I smile at her nervously, unsure as to whether she's about to ask me to take the photo or join.

"Could you be in the photo too?"

"Of course!" I grin, feeling special, she knows who I am and although I have plenty of subscribers it feels as if no one would actually know. Altogether we take a photo before she runs off and we continue on to get our food which we eat before we scatter off back home separately. Once inside, I make my complete judgement of the day and truthfully I'm surprised I didn't come off as a complete fangirl but it helps that Joe is undoubtfully the friendliest person I've ever met. Now, it doesn't feel like he's someone I just look up to anymore, he's a friend now.