Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

In this chapter there is an option that will have a / between them so just choose one! :)

Tonight Jackie, Zoe and I are having a sort of hen party, reason being, I'm not really one for that kind of thing and I just wanted to have a night in with them. They're waiting for me now in my kitchen while I change, they're making sweet/salted/both popcorn for the movie we're going to watch. Although, I'm not sure which one yet. As I slide on my hoodie, I walk out to them but I don't smell the popcorn or hear it popping away and Zoe and Jackie are not dressed in the kind of outfit you'd wear for a movies night. Zoe's in a red jumpsuit with black flats to complete it and Jackie is wearing a dark green dress with some heels. I stop in my tracks and look at them with a confused expression.

"What's going off?" I ask, cautiously examining their grinning faces.

"We're going out!" They cheer in unison but I just roll my eyes, slumping down onto my sofa and sliding into a cushion; closing my eyes at the same time. "Oh! Don't be so miserable." Jackie moans giving me a light kick.

"Ow!" By now, I'm curled into a ball, protecting myself from the scarily eager party animals.

"Come on! Let's get you changed." Zoe smiles, pulling me up and practically dragging my dead weight into the bedroom where she raids through my clothes; actually making my room look as if it's a war zone and several bombs have exploded.

"Zoe!" I squeal, attempting to pick up after her but she goes through clothes so quick, it's hard!

"You need to look good." She giggles, finally stopping while she pulls out a long sleeve black lace dress that's forever been my favourite item of clothing. Just looking at it does kind of make me want to go out. "This. Is. Stunning." She gushes, admiring it before throwing it onto my head and leaving the room. I sit there for a moment, a little shocked, I feel like I've been attacked. I'm guessing that was her instructing me to change... Soon, I've caved in and the dress is comfortably slid onto my body along with a simple pair of black heels that compliment the dress perfectly. I leave my bedroom to find the girls sat quietly on their phones. "I'm doing your makeup!" Zoe cheers, pulling me back into the room and rummaging through another part of my flat. Honestly, does she stop? Without a word, I sit and allow her to do her thing and I actually turn out looking good. The makeup look she's thrown together is smack bang in between natural and fully glammed up which is where I prefer to be for this kind of thing.

"Thank you, Zoe!" I smile, admiring her work, she's so talented when it comes to this stuff.

"Hair?" She asks, picking up a curling wand/straightener. I giggle with a nod and in no time (that's a lie) I'm done and ready to leave. I do feel much more optimistic about tonight than I did before. But then that's probably the power of makeup, hair and clothing. We go to a bar first, me and Jackie going for something small to start off with and Zoe ordering something non-alcoholic. She isn't a drinker which I completely respect, we can still have fun! Once we've done at the bar, me and Jackie a little tipsy and Zoe keeping an eye on us we make our way to a club which is packed! I've never seen so many people.

"Are you okay, Zoe?" I ask, noticing how Zoe's face has gone from calm and happy to fearful and anxious. Obviously, I know about how she suffers from panic attacks and anxiety and I wouldn't want her to have a bad night because of it. "Shall we go?"

"No, it's okay. I have you two." She smiles nervously, pulling me onto the dance floor, her eyes focusing on only us. I can tell she is really trying and it just makes me prouder of her. She's come so far with her problems, she is such an inspiration.

By 2 am let's just say, I'm not in the right mind and neither are my legs! They're like jelly. I have Zoe though, she'll keep me up. She's looked out for me and Jackie all night. I really owe it to her.

"You know, I love you, Zoe," I mumble as we get into a taxi, Zoe directing the driver on where to go. Zoe just laughs at my comment.

"I love you too." She's still sober, she must think I'm being so embarrassing. A little while of driving later I find I'm not even awake anymore and me telling Zoe I loved her was the last thing I remember.

And when I wake up I'm not at home. I'm not in the taxi. I'm not at a friend's. I'm not with Joe. I'm nowhere familiar. I'm in an abandoned warehouse of what it seems; tied to a chair, a tight piece of cloth keeping me from screaming. And all I can ask is what happened?!

Another chapter to thank you for 6k reads and 300 votes! :)