Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

"Hello everybody and today I'm and joined with Y/N!" Zoe says as we open her video in her kitchen.

"Hi." I introduce myself, letting Zoe continue with what she was saying.

"Now today we are going to be baking and we are baking (It's your choice of what they bake)," She tells the camera, pointing at the many ingredients layed along the table in front of us. "Let's begin then."

"Hey everyone, Zoe's here with me today!" I say to the camera excitedly as Zoe slides into view.

"Hello everybody!"

"Today we're going to be (It's your choice of what kind of video you do since it's your channel!) Shall we begin?" I ask Zoe excitedly and she nods with a grin.

When Zoe and I finish filming the video for my channel she sighs, looking at her phone.

"Are you okay?" I ask, putting my camera down and going over to her, sitting down with her.

"Yeah, it's just Alfie." She explains, putting her phone down clearly annoyed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask a little cautious since I don't want to sound nosy.

"It's just like he doesn't care anymore, only himself." She mumbles, almost like she shouldn't be saying it, I wouldn't tell anyone though.

"I'm sure he does, maybe he's just got a lot on his mind right now and doesn't even realise that he's not paying enough attention to you." I speculate, trying to turn the situation positive since seeing Zoe upset is actually upsetting me.

"I don't know," She tells me quietly, looking down at the ground. "Please don't mention this to anyone."

"I won't, don't worry." I smile before standing up and continuing to pack away my things from filming. A little while later Zoe has to run out so I leave too, checking my phone after hours which honestly is strange for me having always immediately checking it whenever I hear it make a noise.

Joe:

I have something to show you, the door is open just come in.

I stare at the message for a moment, a little confused. In a way it sounds creepy but knowing Joe isn't a creep I trust it. Hesitantly, I drive to Joe's and enter like he said but it's like no ones here, all the lights are off and it's so silent.

"Joe?" I call out, remaining at the door being very cautious since now I believe it to be a prank or at least something like that. Silence. "Joe? What are you doing?" I repeat but again, silence.

Sighing I walk towards the steps since it's clear he isn't upstairs or answering me, the only noise is the road outside which is still pretty quiet and my light footsteps echoing down the stairs. "Joe?" I ask again, in hopes that I don't have to go through with whatever he has planned. It's Joe. Of course he has something planned. Every door is closed downstairs but I go straight to Joe's opening the door slowly and preparing for whatever is going to happen but I'm far from prepared when Joe jumps out at me doing a high-pitched scream making me scream as well until I realise it's him. We don't say anything for a minute or two while I recover and Joe laughs hysterically.

"I didn't think it'd scare you that much!" He tells me through his giggles.

"I think expecting it made it worse." I breath in and begin to giggle myself.

"I wish I recorded that."

"Wait – so the text and this was just for entertainment?" He nods his head guiltily but I can't be mad at him as it was funny, once I recovered from my heart attack.