Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

It's been an hour since I uploaded my cover of F/S and every comment I've gotten is positive with no thumbs down, only thumbs up. My cheeks are beginning to hurt with the constant irremovable smile that has stretched across my face. Whenever I've sung the thought of ever uploading a cover and people actually enjoying it didn't even cross mind and I was really self-conscious about my voice, thinking it had no tone and sounding awfully boring but with all the positivity I've gotten I feel a lot more confident. I've seriously got the best viewers ever. Just as I read and reply to more of the comments, as I try to reply to most of them which can get challenging at times, my phone begins to ring, gaining my attention.

"Hello?" I answer, forgetting to look at who was calling.

"You forgot to mention how amazing you were at singing." Someone says, smiling when I hear that it's Joe.

"I didn't even think it." I tell him, giggling, leaning on the counter top.

"Do you wanna hang out today?" He asks as I close my laptop.

"Of course, how about you come over since I have a lot of things to do?" I say, knowing that I have a lot of work related things to do on my laptop today, however I still want to hang out with Joe.

"Sure, when is it okay to come over?"

"Anytime." I smile.

"See you soon then."

"See you." And with that we hang up and soon there's a knock at my door which I assume to be Joe and answer with a bright smile but it soon fades when it's my sister stood there. Staring blankly, my instant response is to close the door but her foot gets in my way so I open it and glare at her. "What?!" I snap, watching as she guiltily shuffles about.

"Can I come in?" She asks quietly, avoiding eye contact with me.

"No," I say sharply, watching her uncomfortably continue to move around. "Say what you have to say, I don't have time for you."

"Liam... Liam... He..." She mumbles, her voice going wobbly, unable to get the words out. I wish I felt sympathy but my anger still sticks so I just continue to coldly look at her, waiting impatiently for her to say whatever crap she has to say. "I thought Liam loved me."

"That's what you came here to say!?" I ask furiously.

"Wait," She says, placing her hand on the door as I go to close it again. "He did the same to me, he cheated on me."

"What do you want? My sympathy?" I knew something like this would happen, that's the kind of person he is. Jackie just fell into the same trap I did. However, now she knows how I feel. Except it wasn't her sister who did it.

"I'm so sorry." She whispers, as a single tear trickles down her cheek.

"You're only sorry because he hurt you too. If he didn't, would you be sorry then?" I ask, looking away from her feeling the sadness build up inside of me. She doesn't answer me, only looking down, knowing that she wouldn't be. "What do you want then?"

"I wanted us to be sisters again." She whispers, I just chuckle and close the door, finally letting the build up of tears escape. I feel as if I'll never be able to forgive her. What she did hurt me more than ever, I trusted her with everything, she's my sister, you never expect them to turn against you. When I found out Liam kissed someone else, I thought she'd be the one to support me but there was no way of that happening when she was the one that kissed him in the first place. I hear another knock at the door which must be Joe this time and I don't want him to have to see me breaking down another time so wiping away the tears, sniffling my nose and faking a smile, I open the door like I did when Jackie knocked except my smile getting brighter rather than dimmer. He greets me with a hug which makes my smile a lot less fake.

"I kind of need to talk to you." Joe says awkwardly with his cute grin.

"Go ahead." I smile, going back to my seat at the counter, Joe following and sitting next to me.

"I think I'm in love with you," He simply says, quietly and quickly but clearly enough for me to hear it, I don't say anything from the shock but a smile forms on my face, completely irremovable.

"Me too."

"Now, I must ask you something." He grins, I nod my head. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course!"

So I've reached 350 reads!? I can't really believe it. Thank you so much and for the votes as well. I'm going to publish chapter twenty one today as well as a thank you, I really hoped you enjoyed this chapter :)