Chapter Thirty

Before you read, if you're not sure what tweet is spoken about in this chapter this is it: 

Chapter Thirty

"Jooooooe." I sob, looking up from my laptop at Joe as he edits a vlog for his channel.

"Y/N." He sobs back, dragging out my name the same as I did with his.

"I have run out of video ideas." I frown, tilting my head back in frustration. He thinks for a moment before his eyes lighting up.

"Do another cover! That's one of your most popular videos right?" He's right, it is. However, I feel as if I want to make it better than the last one and that's when it comes to me.

"Joe! Do a cover with me!" He giggles, looking down. "You do owe it to your viewers." I smirk, looking back at my laptop.

"Come on. That tweet was a joke." He replies, instantly what I'm talking about.

"But it did get to the number of retweets you asked for."

"Yeah but my voice isn't that good."

"Seriously, I've heard you in the shower," I giggle as I look at his guilty face. "You can sing."

"I'll think about it." He smiles.

"And as you do that I'm going to go see Sarah."

"Are you two having an affair? Because you're definitely spending more time with her than me."

"Maybe." I wink, quickly kissing him before taking my keys and leaving the flat. I text Sarah, letting her know I'm coming just as I begin to drive. Soon, I'm at hers and we're already giggling about everything. And that's when her phone begins to ring.

"Ugh. I've got to take this." She stands up and leaves the room and I'm sat in silence so instead I wonder around, her room is amazing after all. It's everything I would want. But that's when I come across something on her desk that definitely catches my eye, more than anything else would. A pink A5 notebook with Joe's name in an arrowed heart lies right in front of me. I try to ignore it, thinking it could be someone elses or a different Joe but the curiosity wins and I sit at her desk, opening to the first page. It reads: 'My name is Sarah. I started watching ThatcherJoe on the 7th of August, 2012. That was his first video, I watch it everyday to remind myself of when we first met. I love him so much. I would die for him. He's my everything. Without him, I would have nothing. I love you Joe.'

At this point I don't know whether this is a dream or not and honestly, I feel sick. This can't be Sarah. She loves Caspar, she definitely acts like it. At least I thought she did. I don't want to read anymore but I can't stop, it's like a nightmare, you have no choice but to go on. So, I turn the page. And it's even worse. It consists of three poems. The first one being: 'Roses are red, violets are blue. ThatcherJoe loves me, and I love him too.' The next: 'Roses are red, violets are blue. ThatcherJoe's a YouTuber, and he loves me too.' And the final: 'Roses are red, violets are blue. When we get married, I'll be twenty-two.' The weirdest part about this is she is twenty-two... My breath begins to quicken at the thought of this, what is she going to do? Is she going to do anything? But I turn the page and this time it's a picture of a couple at their wedding but instead of their faces it's Joe and Sarah's. I go to turn the page again but I'm interrupted when Sarah walks back in, her eyes widening with guilt when she sees what I've been up to. I stay silent, looking up at her, I don't know what to say. I don't know how to feel or even react.

"What are you doing?" She asks, staying as still as a stone.

"I was about to ask you the same question." I respond quietly, honestly, I'm scared. I don't know what she has planned.

"Don't tell Joe." She pleads, her eyes full of guilt.

"You want me to keep this a secret? This is crazy. What about Caspar? The poem about your wedding? None of this makes sense."

"I love Caspar."

"No, I don't think you do."

"Fine." She shouts, her quiet and fearful front disappearing to reveal only one emotion, anger. "I don't love Caspar. In fact, I hate him. But I guess I do have to be thankful to him, he's got me close to Joe. Joe is the definition of perfect."

"Seriously Sarah? How could you hurt Caspar like that? How could you use him?"

"I will do what it takes for Joe. Nothing will get in my way." Weirdly this seems more like a threat than a statement. So, I decide it's best to leave.

"Bye Sarah." I simply say before heading to the door but as I go to leave it shuts in my face. "Let me leave."

"Why should I?" She challenges.

"Because you're not in charge of me?" I state the obvious but she continues to glare at me with the now cold and cruel eyes. I stare at her for a moment before the moment comes and I push her down, taking the book with me and running out of the flat and into my car; driving away as quick as I can. 

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry I haven't been updating a lot lately, to be honest, I'm a little sad that it's nearly over and I'm avoiding finishing it but I promise I will try to update more regularly.