Chapter Twenty Seven - PART 2

Everything that happened after I closed my eyes was a blur, I just remember people coming into my flat and asking me questions but I was in too much pain to answer. However by then I had figured out that it was Jackie that came in and saved me. I remember being taking away and into an ambulance or that's what I believed it to be. Jackie was with me still, talking to me but I found it extremely hard to talk back, though I tried. Soon enough I know I'm at the hospital, being a lot more aware of my surroundings and voices by now, my vision still unfortunately being fairly blurry though.

"Can you speak now?" Jackie asks softly, seated next to my bed, holding my hand.

"I think." I whisper, attempting to sit up but feeling instantly dizzy and falling back into the lying position I was previously in.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"No." I say quite honestly, closing my eyes again, not really appreciating the light blinding me.

"So the doctor told me that other from your cuts and bruises you're suffering a concussion, it's not terribly severe which is good but you need to rest for today." She tells me, squeezing my hand comfortingly.

"Where's Liam? What did you do?" I ask weakly, finding it harder to speak.

"I pulled him off you and then hit him in the head with your empty glass, I'll replace it." She giggles, me giggling along but stopping with the sharp pain shooting through my head at the smallest movement.

"Don't worry about it, thank you. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't come." I smile, Jackie stays quiet after this, noticing how it's painful for me to speak and soon I end up dozing off, hoping that'll be the cure to my pain.

Soon I'm woken to a voice murmuring beside me as they hold my hand and rest their head on my bed. I open my eyes weakly, feeling a lot better than before, my vision back but still a huge headache remaining. I turn my head slowly to see Joe there, I smile, squeezing his hand which gets his attention.

"Y/N, I am so sorry." He says, his voice a lot more upset than I imagined.

"Don't be sorry." I smile, forcing myself up, trying to ignore the pain. Joe notices and guides me back down, kissing my forehead and smiling.

"But I wasn't there."

"That's not your fault, you didn't know Liam was going to come." I smile. "Hey—do you know when I can go home? I'm feeling a lot better."

"I'll go get a doctor." Joe tells me, standing up and leaving the room, shortly returning with a doctor.

"Hi, I'm doctor Wilson," A middle-aged man says, walking over to the bed with a happy smile. "I'm sure you've been told what happened to you?"

"Yeah, my sister explained."

"How are you feeling now?" He asks me, coming over and getting a closer look at me.

"A lot better, my visions back but I still have a headache."

"That's great, it's up to you when you go home, especially now you're feeling better." He smiles, helping me up.

"I think I can go now."

"I'm sure I can walk up to my flat on my own." I giggle, turning to Joe who is currently holding my waist as he guides me up the stairs. He smiles, not letting go so I just give in and let him continue until we get into my flat where I lie on my sofa, placing my arm over my eyes. Being back on the sofa feels weird having being the last time I was on it I was being attacked by my insane ex boyfriend who I now have no idea of his whereabouts. Joe closes the door, coming over to me and lifting my legs putting them over his as he sits beside me.

"Are you okay?" He asks, concern all over his face. I lift my arm and smile, nodding my head.

"I'm feeling a lot better."

"No, as in with what happened?" I think about it, realising how odd I really feel, not knowing if I feel sad or angry or any other emotion. I sit up, shuffling over to Joe and cuddling up to him feeling a lot safer in his arms.

"I don't know really, I mean, I've not really thought about it. I knew he was crazy but I wasn't expecting that—and the things he was saying didn't make any sense." I say, trying to piece it altogether in my head but failing.

"What did he say?" Joe asks, confused. I tell him most of what I remember getting more confused reactions from him. "Well, just know he won't do anything like that again. I'm not leaving you." He giggles, squeezing me and not letting go.

"Joe!" I laugh, breaking away and turning to him, kissing him lightly. "I'm gonna go to sleep, I'm tired." I say, realising how sleepy I am and that it's easier for the pain. Joe nods his head, following me into the bedroom lying down beside me but just cuddling me rather than sleeping.

"Goodnight." He says, kissing my head.

"Night."