Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Joe:

The video is up!

(Just in case you didn't know, he uploads on Sundays so it is Sunday).

Excitedly, I get YouTube up on my laptop and it's already in my recommended so I watch the video loving every moment of it, remembering how fun it was to film until a minute until it finishes my phone begins to ring gaining my attention. Pausing the video, I look to see who it is and it's Liam so happily I pick it up but it's not what I expect to be greeted with.

"Hey so I must confess to something." His words are slurred, his tone cold and careless.

"Liam, are you okay?" I ask, concerned.

"I'm fine, I'm just afraid you won't be." He giggles, almost as if me not being okay is funny.

"What's happened?" I ask impatiently, sighing.

"I kissed someone." He's laughing harder now, like he doesn't care. Emotionless and shocked, I don't know what to say so I hang up and end up staring at the screen in front of me. I don't know how to feel, this has never happened before. I don't know whether to be relieved that he told me rather than keeping it a secret or to be broken hearted that I wasn't enough to keep his attention. Is it my fault? Have I been so boring that he had to kiss someone else to feel something? Tears build up in my eyes but I hold them back trying to stay strong, I shouldn't let this get in the way of my happiness. It's his problem and not mine. I press play to the video and try to concentrate on that instead but it just seems to be consuming my mind. Maybe I'm not enough.

I know most of my chapters are short but I find it easier writing that way, I will try my best to make them longer though. Thank you for reading :D