Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

Joe knocks on the door to Zoe and Alfie's house as today we decided to come to Brighton and tell them about us. Joe seems nervous but holds my hand confidently anyway. I know Zoe will be fine, she said I had her approval the other day anyway. I wouldn't tell Joe about that conversation though, it was a joke. Joe grins at me before using his left hand to knock on the door with three knocks and we wait, the door soon being answered by a tall dark haired boy who I definitely recognise as Alfie.

"Hey guys, come in." He smiles, opening the door for both of us.

"You're here!" Zoe cheers, running out and hugging both of us. Soon, after I introduce myself properly to Alfie we go inside being attacked by Nala's excitement, I stroke her for a second until she runs off again like she does making me lightly laugh.

"So we have something to tell you guys," Joe announces with a small grin on his face getting Zoe's full attention. She ushers us all into the living room where we all sit down and Joe looks at me and says what we had to say. "We're together."

"Guys! I'm so happy for you." Alfie says, smiling at us, whereas Zoe squeals and lunges towards us, wrapping an arm around each of us tightly.

"I knew it!" She says, pulling away with a grin stretched across her face.

"A bit excited?" Joe giggles at Zoe.

"I'm just happy for you." She smiles, a lot calmer now. After chatting for a bit we all decide to go out and get lunch at a place Zoe and Alfie recommended so we all get in Zoe's car, me and Joe sitting in the back and begin to drive there. I rest my head on Joe's shoulder the whole way while he holds my hand. It's almost as if Joe's erased all the bad things that would have broken me because I don't feel that sad. I just feel disappointed that it's all happened but then I'm kind of thankful, thankful because if it didn't happen I'd still be with Liam believing he was the most kindest and warm-hearted guy I knew when really he's a vile and nasty cheater who had absolutely no feelings for me, only pulling me along for his enjoyment. I'm far better off without him. And if we never broke up, I would have never gotten with Joe, maybe not have even realised how much I felt for him. Joe makes me happy, he makes me the happiest I've ever been. Before I met him I thought I was the happiest I could be, I thought I had everything I needed but it was fake. This now isn't.

"We're here." Zoe smiles, parking the car in front of a small building which we all go into and order our food, sitting down at a table and waiting.

"Hey—I saw your cover, it was amazing, I told you it was a great idea." Zoe tells me from across the table while Joe and Alfie debate about something silly.

"Thank you so much, I really didn't expect such a positive response," I say, noticing a waitress coming over with two plates with the food Zoe and I ordered on them. "Our food is here." I say excitedly as I'm extremely hungry. We take our food, the waitress going and coming back with the guys' food and soon we're all devouring it while we laugh and chat about pretty much anything. Zoe and Alfie were right when they said this place was good, the food is delicious! Once we're all done we leave and drive back to Zoe and Alfie's, deciding to watch a Christmas film as Zoe and I are so excited with it being next month. Alfie said it was too early to watch Christmas films but it didn't take much to convince him, Joe sort of agreed but I could tell he secretly wanted to watch it too. Just as we begin to watch the film Alfie gets a text and asks if it's okay for Poppy, his sister, and Sean, Poppy's boyfriend, to come over and watch it with us. We all say yes, I know who they are from Zoe and Alfie's vlogs and occasionally their main channel videos and it'd be fun to actually meet them in person. We pause the film to wait for them and it's not long until they arrive, Poppy stopping in her tracks when she sees me, placing her hands over her mouth.

"Hi." I say awkwardly, for a moment I thought she was mad I was here even though she didn't know me but then she removes her hands from her face to reveal a wide grin.

"Are you okay?" Zoe giggles, noticing the awkward silence between me and Poppy.

"I love your videos!" She finally says, filling the two metre gap by walking over and giving me a friendly smile.

"Thank you." I say, a little shocked myself. Never did I think that Poppy Deyes liked my videos or even knew I existed.

"Can I get a selfie?" She asks, holding her phone, I nod my head, giggling and smiling for the photo which she takes quickly and we all proceed to watch the film, me snuggling up to Joe, feeling safe in his arms.

"I love you." He whispers so only I hear it, kissing my head lightly.

"I love you too." I whisper back, smiling.

I'm really sorry I didn't update a second time like I said I would yesterday, I actually fell asleep but here it is. I hope you liked the ending :D