Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

Joe hasn't met my parents yet and honestly, I don't want him to. Knowing them, they'll judge him. Even though he's perfect and couldn't possibly be judged but with them, I'm sure they'll find something. Last night Joe and I were in bed and he just suddenly asks if he could meet them. I was hesitant at first but then thought it was probably something I should do considering we are getting married. My parents don't even know! As I park the car in the gravel driveway of my parent's house I sigh, Joe places his hand on my leg and gives me a small smile.

"It's going to be okay," he reassures me, this is the billionth time he's said that. "You have me."

"Are you sure we have to do this?" I ask, nervously, turning in my seat and biting my lip.

"Yes." He simply adds and as much as I don't want to admit it... He's right. They're my parents, they need to meet the guy I'm going to marry and at at least know I'm getting married. Both Joe and I slide out of the car, holding hands as I knock on the door, my hand shaking more than it probably should. The door is soon answered, it's my father.

"Hi." I smile, tightening my grip on Joe's hand.

"Y/N? I didn't know you were coming."

"There's someone you both need to meet." He nods his head, quickly looking at our linked hands and sighing, opening the door wider for us to go in. Joe supportively squeezes my hand as we enter the living room where my mother sits reading a book. Of course, not looking up or greeting us.

"Honey." My father says with a cold tone, she looks up and sees me, then her eyes trailing over to Joe.

"Who's this?" Of course, no hello. She's the rudest woman I know.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. I'm Joe." He goes to shake her hand but she brushes it off and he backs away awkwardly.

"Joe is my fiance," I tell them bravely and this is where everything goes downhill. My father's face fills with anger and my mother's with betrayal. All they keep saying is things like 'how could you?', basically, anything making me feel lower than I already do. Joe tries saying things to calm the situation but everything just keeps on escalating, I'm not sure it can get any worse at this point.

"How about you just accept that your daughter, who is the most loving and amazing person by the way and it makes me sick that you guys aren't proud of her, she's found someone who loves her so unconditionally. And you should be ashamed that you never gave her the attention and love that she deserves. We're going. You can stay and think about what you've missed out on and hopefully gain some sense and maybe attend our wedding with a huge apology." I stand in shock at Joe's words, he's the first person to leave my parents speechless, even I can't think of what to say. I just follow him back out to my car, driving off and beginning our way back to London. We sit in silence for a while, I think he's even shocked. I've seen Joe mad but he was furious then. "I haven't upset you have I?" Joe asks with a guilty frown. I turn around with a shocked expression; pulling over to the side of the road and turning to him.

"You haven't upset me at all! I'm just so unsure of what to say because no one has ever said such lovely words about me or even stuck up to my parents like that. Thank you." He smiles, pulling me onto his lap, I kiss him before cuddling into him. "Can we just stay here?"

"As much as I'd love that, we have to get back," he laughs. "How about I drive?"

"Thank you." I smile, taking his seat when he leaves the car to get into the driver's seat and taking the wheel. I couldn't ask for a better fiance. 

Third update!!