Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

The door begins to knock continuously, barely a skip in between. Confused, I look through the peephole to see Joe stood outside of my door impatiently with a wide grin. Giggling at the excitement on his face I open the door, squealing when he picks me up and twirls me around. Eventually, he places me down still with that large grin still remaining across his face.

"Have I missed something?" I ask, closing the door.

"Wait – you don't know?" He asks, confusion evident in his voice. I shake my head slowly, "you reached two million subscribers!"

"What?!" Grinning myself, I run over to my laptop and go onto YouTube confirming it with my own eyes.

"Congratulations!" Joe says, now at my side. I turn around and hug him tightly. "I'm dying." He jokes before hugging me back.

"Thank you!"

"Why are you thanking me?" He asks as I pull away still grinning.

"Because without you I wouldn't have reached two million."

"Yes you would have."

"You helped though." He smiles at this and we end up going silent for a moment, Joe looking at the ground. "Is everything okay?"

"No, not really." He admits, sighing at the same time.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, pulling him over to the sofa where we both sit down.

"I wouldn't know how to explain it," He pauses for a moment before mumbling what's wrong but clear enough for me to understand. "Ever since we kissed I can't look at you the same."

"Bad?" I ask, stammering a little. At this point all kinds of negative worries bubble up inside of me. What if I ruined a perfect friendship?

"Not at all!" He assures me, taking my hands like he did the other day. "Good." He mumbles, looking down nervously.

"Same." I confess in the same tone.

"This is wrong." He says a lot more clearer snapping away from me almost looking disgusted, a sudden pain hits through me at his action. He pulled away as if I was a deadly creature which he must avoid, like I was revolting to look at or make any contact with. I stay silent, avoiding eye contact and looking down to hide the embarrassment that has taken place on my face, giving it a darker red shade.

"You just got out of a relationship and I'm already saying I have feelings for you." He says but it's like he's saying it to himself, like he's scolding himself.

"It was like that relationship ended weeks ago though, it didn't feel real." I assure him but he continues to shake his head.

"I need to go." He whispers before leaving as fast as he can leaving me in the deafening silence of my flat.

Third update!! Thank you again for all the views and votes, it means so much :)