Chapter Thirty Three

F/C - Favourite Colour

Wedding planning is much more exhausting than my expectations of it were. However, this should be the best part! I'm with my maid of honour, Jackie, and my bridesmaid, Zoe. I couldn't ask for anyone better than these two. Jackie has changed so much in the past months, her compassion and kindness have not just come back but multiplied by ten. And Zoe is just the sweetest and bestest friend I could ask for, we don't see each other very often but have made plans too; that doesn't stop our obsessive face timing though. When Joe and I told Zoe we were engaged she actually squealed, maybe louder than me when I said 'yes' to the proposal. And Jackie was the same. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by the people I'm surrounded by. A few months ago, if I told the sad and sorrowful girl I was that things would be almost perfect now I wouldn't believe myself. It felt as if it was going to last an eternity but Joe came along and changed that. He helped bring back my happiness. Zoe, Jackie and I all giggle loudly at a story Zoe was telling us as we enter the dress shop.

"Oh! How am I going to pick?" I sigh, realising how many dresses there actually are.

"You'll know when you see it," Zoe tells me, beginning the search.

"What kind are you looking for?" Jackie asks as she joins Zoe.

"Honestly, I have no idea."

At least ten dresses later I'm still not happy with what I've found. Nothing's working. It's either too puffy, the sleeves too long, too tight around the legs and the list goes on. But when I put on the eleventh dress after a great struggle I step outside of the dressing room, meeting Jackie and Zoe again. This time, however, instead of an unsure shake of the head their jaws drop, both of them looking speechless.

"You look stunning!" Zoe breathes. Jackie stays silent though, looking unable to speak. I walk over to the floor length mirror, shocked at how pretty the reflection is. When I saw this dress, I knew it was beautiful but on a body, it shows it's beauties that weren't there before. My jaw drops along with theirs and we're all stood there silently admiring the dress. The woman who has been helping us comes over with a quiet giggle.

"This the one?" She asks, joining us at the mirror, I just nod. "Let's just see what adjustments need making and we'll go from there." She smiles, leading me back to the dressing room. When they say you'll know when it's the one, it's very true. This dress is the one. It feels weird as it's only a dress but knowing I'm going to be wearing it for such a special day makes it so much more special. However, even though it's amazing to have such a lovely dress to wear on the wedding day, I'd still be okay wearing a rubbish bag. I'm just so happy to be marrying Joe. I love him so much, I didn't think this love was possible after Liam. It's so weird to think about him after all this time, I do wonder how he is getting on occasionally. For example, what he's doing, if he's still insanely cruel, or if he's back to normal. I don't miss him. I don't ever plan on seeing him again. But I do wonder about him.

Once the adjustments are made we all go out for lunch, a well deserves one after all that searching. It's much more tiring than you'd expect. When we've finished eating we search through several other shops, trying to find dresses for Zoe and Jackie. This is hard too but it's much easier than the previous dress. Eventually, we end up finding a F/C dress that is just perfect!

Everything is just perfect!

Second update! I hope you're all having a lovely day so far!