Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

Ever since I woke up all I've been doing, for hours possibly, is trying to break free and figure out even a clue as to what might have happened. The rope tying me down is thicker and stronger than I thought, I've been rubbing it against the chair leg for the longest time ever now and it seems to have made no difference. I keep biting back my tears, that's the worst thing I can do right now. I'm already in a panic as it is and I don't need to add sadness to it. No one has come in and I don't know if they are, but my guesses are someone is behind this and this isn't some joke. I'm so dehydrated and hungry, my stomach is growling louder than a cloud would in a tropical storm. If someone I love was behind this and it was a joke they would at least give me food or water. I keep racking my brain for a motive of someone or who even this person could be but nothing! Maybe it's my lack of concentration, my thoughts are rushing faster than the speed of light. Eventually, I stop. I'm so tired of trying to escape, I can't possibly go any longer. And that's when a tear finally manages to trickle down my cheek, this trickle then turns into a small sob which then turns into a waterfall of sorrow. The main thought of mine is if I'm going to die. Something I'm not ready for. I have so much to live for now. Joe is one of them. I can't lose him. I cry for a while longer but suddenly stop when a set of arms loop around my body from behind and a quiet whisper says something to me.

"Don't cry, Y/N." And now, it all makes sense. Liam. It's his voice and I recognise the way he looped his arms around me. It perfectly matches how he used to do it; except this time it's not meant the same. I try to scream something to him but I'm unable to with the cloth so tight around my mouth. "Hush." He smiles, pressing is cheek up against mine, making the tears fall even harder. Just him touching me makes me feel sick, I'm contemplating throwing up in my own mouth. It feels wrong, wronger than wrong if that's possible. Even his voice makes me want to tear my ears off and erase my memory and just the touch of him makes me want to peel away all of my skin and wash it in bleach. However, I still don't think that wouldn't be enough to make me feel clean of him. He's disgusting and foul and all I wish for right now is for him to go away and leave me to the deafening silence I was accompanied by before. Liam's hands reach up to my face to up tighten the cloth but instead of screaming I mumble something ever so quietly.

"What do you want?"

"You." He laughs but his laugh is almost demonic. He drags a chair from across the room to sit right in front of me. He's exactly the same, no new haircut, nothing. Just the same old Liam. The eyes I once loved and thought were bright, now dull and full of more evil than you can imagine.

"How did I get here?"

"Oh, sweetie," he used to call me this all the time and back then, I loved it, I loved how he had a nickname for me but now that word will always be a reminder of the cruel ex of mine. "You don't remember?" I shake my head, trying to avoid eye contact with him. "You were drunk. Zoe had taken you back to your flat and you were sound asleep but I snuck in. I had a spare key, I've been saving it for a moment like this. And you were so out of it, you didn't wake when I took you."

"Joe will come for me when he finds out what you've done. Or Jackie, like last time, she'll beat your ass once again." He looks up with a furious face at my sudden remark and all I can do is smirk. "You remember, right?"

"Shut up, Y/N." He orders with a cold and harsh tone.

"You can't do any worse than you already have, so, why should I?"

"Because you're wrong. I can finish off what I started back in your flat, I can kill you and no one would know. No one would even care. I'm sure Joe doesn't even love you, maybe he's just using you because he was pathetically desperate and you were too. You're perfect for each other in a way but I'm not for the right reason." I try not to let his spiteful words get to me, that's exactly what he wants. Surely he's wrong. "And you know, don't you?"

"Joe does love me and so does Jackie!" I scream at him, a tear managing to break through the front I was attempting to keep up. My insecurities always have to come forward at the worst times!

"Is that why she chose me over you and only came back when I rejected her?" He has a point but surely it wasn't that way and she just came to her senses. I stay quiet from now, he wants my reaction.

And I won't let him have it, I will get out.