Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

T/N - Twitter Name

F/S - Favourite Song

I park my car opposite Zoe's house, finally being able to look at my phone after the long drive to Brighton. I smile when I see Joe's name pop up, asking how I am. He does it every morning, no one has ever actually done that, not even Liam. I quickly type a reply back before I leave my car and walk over to Zoe's knocking on her door. Soon she answers with a happy smile, letting me in, Nala attacking me with excitement. I bend down and stroke her for a short moment until she begins to run around energetically making me giggle.

"Do you want to go out and get lunch?" Zoe asks, giggling at Nala as well.

"Sounds great, I'm starving." I say, following her into her living room where she grabs her phone and then comes back out to slide on some shoes.

"I know this really great place not far from here, you'll love it." She tells me as we walk out to her car as she's the one who knows the directions better. Zoe puts on some music before beginning to drive and of course, with Christmas next month, she puts on a Christmas playlist. "I'm so excited for Christmas! Are you okay with this music?"

"Of course! I can't wait either!" I say to her with a smile as the joy of the Christmas music has already bounced onto me. Zoe begins to sing to all I want for Christmas is you by Mariah Carey and soon I'm singing with her, of course, her amazing voice making me sounds terrible. "Zoe! You're so good at singing!" I say once the song has ended and another one plays quietly.

"Thank you, you're amazing too!" She tells me.

"I'm really not but thank you." I giggle, watching the road as we drive along.

"No, seriously—you're really talented. Have you ever thought about doing covers or something like that on your channel?" She asks quite seriously but I shake my head realising I never have, honestly, I thought I sounded quite terrible but Zoe says otherwise.

"I don't think anyone would really watch that.."

"Oh, come on! Of course they would, I've seen some things from your fans before, they really like you. I'm sure they'd watch anything you upload." I smile at this, my viewers are really supportive and kind and she's right to be honest. I'm sure they'd watch pretty much anything I upload except what if they thought I sounded bad? I'd look stupid.

"Do you really think it'd make a good video?" I ask, contemplating the idea of actually uploading a cover, secretly I've always loved singing at the top of my lungs in my flat or simply strumming a few strings on my guitar. I've known how to play the guitar since the age of five but not really thought much of it, maybe I could do what Zoe said.

"I personally think it would be a great video, tweet about it and see for yourself." She grins, nodding at my phone, thinking about it for a moment I decide she is right and maybe hearing it from my viewers would push me to do it more. I've always loved a challenge.

T/N:

What do you guys think of me doing a cover?

"Here we are." Zoe says, parking us outside a small building with a cute cafe inside. Together, we both walk in being overwhelmed with delicious smells smacking you in the face as soon as you walk in.

"I don't know what I'm going to get." I moan with a light giggle, going over the list of food which all jumps out at me and it's worse because I'm so hungry which means I want absolutely everything!

"It's so difficult!" She agrees, doing the same as me. Soon however, we've chosen and are sat at a table munching on our food almost silently with small bits of conversation about pretty much everything in between. I've not spent much time with Zoe but I feel as if we've been friends for years, she's so friendly and easy to get comfortable around, she isn't judgy at all. This is literally the second time we've hung out but I'm still having so much fun and there's no trace of any awkwardness. I feel as if ninety percent of our time is spent laughing or simply talking about the weirdest things. "Joe speaks about you a lot," She grins. "You have my approval." I just laugh at this, a little shocked at the first thing she said.

"It's nothing serious." I tell her, sipping from my drink, brushing it off.

"Then what is it? Give me all the details," I tell her everything about what has happened between us, not much of it being very serious and by the end she is just staring at me clearly enjoying hearing about this. "And that's it."

"What do you mean that's it?!" She says quite loudly, beginning to continue eating her food after breaking to get everything I said like a reporter would. "He's so into you."

"What?!" I say, almost choking on my food at her sudden statement. I wouldn't mind as much if she wasn't his sister but I guess I can trust her.

"And it sounds like you're into him too." She says a little bit quieter, giggling at my shocked expression. I feel as if I've been exposed. Mainly because what she said is true...

Getting back home after hanging out with Zoe for the rest of the day I plunge down onto my sofa cuddling up to a cushion and resting my eyes for a moment before deciding to check Twitter only just remembering as I tap onto it about my previous tweet. Hurrying over to it, I read some of the replies since there is so many, my eyes lighting up and happiness spreading through my body as I read through all of the positive comments which drown out the few negative ones which I feel nothing towards. Smiling, I place my phone down and get my laptop from my bedroom and my guitar from my office going back out to my sofa setting my laptop up in front of me and my guitar on my lap. Looking up the chords to F/S, my favourite song and beginning to strum the first few stumbling at some points but eventually and by that I mean several hours later I'm there and can play most of the song quite well. Deciding to go to bed, I leave everything where it is, knowing I'll continue in the morning and change into something more comfortable than my jeans and close my eyes letting the darkness send me to sleep.