Step #7

• Dedicated to An Unmentionable Boy

I woke up to a fine morning, filled with smells of chocolate chip waffles and freshly squeezed orange juice. I ran downstairs to grab my breakfast and scurry off to school to begin today’s “Schedule of Events”. You know how I’m all organized and all, so I began to write event schedules for important days of the year, and today of all days was extremely vital to have a schedule. Today is Valentine’s Day and I absolutely had to be at my best friend’s side to help her get that date she always wanted with “Mr. Hottie”, himself!

Allie was so obsessed with him, that the fact that “Mr. Hottie” was the most wanted boy in school slipped her mind all the time. She just had to have him though, or else her life wouldn’t be complete, so this is why I devised my list of events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Schedule of Events:

1) Get to school early and sneak a love letter from “A” into his locker. 

2) Run to homeroom and accidentally switch the seating chart so he sits next to Allie. 

3) Compliment him and walk away.

4) Let him chase you and flirt.

5) Ask about his plans for the Valentine’s Dance.

6) Fall in love and live happily ever after!

7) ???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran into school, ten minutes before all of the buses came and met Allie at her locker. We did our secret handshake in silence and read the schedule. She smiled at the plan, which made me feel like a great friend, and we began our schedule right away. We had written the little love letter together last week, so all we had to do was sneak it into his locker. Thankfully Allie was a complete stalker to her crush and new his locker and combination by heart.

“Locker 588. Combination 5-18-25” she said in triumph!

We unlocked his locker and all of his soccer trophies shone with excessive light! It felt as if we stepped in front of the sun, with all of that illuminating light shining directly at our faces! Allie shivered a little bit from happiness and I handed her the tape. She finished her own dirty work, then I slammed the locker closed.

We began walking to homeroom to complete step number two, when we realized it said to “Run to homeroom”. We both laughed at how precise we had to follow the list, but soon I tripped in the hallway! Allie laughed even more, but I stopped with the humor, because I couldn’t get up! I yelped in terror of the possibility of a broken leg and soon rushed over Brendan.

He was always a nice guy and a good friend, it was just that we never really hung out like me and Allie. You could tell because whenever I was in danger, he was always there to help me like he was my guardian angel sent from above! My thoughts calmed down as he came by me, and asked what happened.

I explained to him the problem, then he told Allie she could go to homeroom and finish her little “step number two”. She laughed at the way he said it then ran off because people began filing in already. I smiled as she left, thinking that her dreams would come true, but I had forgotten all about Brendan until he asked me if I needed to go to the nurse. Of course I did, because I couldn’t walk, so I answered truthfully with a skeptical tone about how I would get down to the first floor without an elevator.

“I can always carry you, Aubrey. I do work out you know!” he responded cheerfully.

I smiled and responded “Are you sure? I’m not the lightest girl here… and I wouldn’t want you to be late for class!”.