Heliopolis War

• Dedicated to My 8th Grade History Class

Early in the Old Kingdom, around 3100bc, a war was uprising, between good and evil civilians of Egypt. The good civilians worshipped the god of Earth, Geb. They were terrified of the evil ones on the outskirts of town, planning to destroy their ways of life, and them, to please their so called gods, or as they called them, demons of the underworld. It was dark times, for them, and they had to prepare, and receive guidance from their multiple gods. Famines, and epidemics were occurring, then instantaneously, the gods fought the strength of the underworld demons, and relieved the people of this, living hell. Almost everyone wanted to rid of the evil surrounding them, but a total war, was their only chance for peace, because a compromise was no where near possible. They all tried vigorously to prevent any war, but that wouldn’t work, so they were forced to be in the middle of it all, having the war on their land.

Up above though, the gods were also preparing for an all out war between the three worlds. They all had a meeting and decided to stick with the Earth, and its natural abilities because they knew all about it, and its Heliopolis soil. They also made a plan, to hide in the Nile, oasis, and other various natural elements. Then Geb, the leader, signaled everyone to stay determined and conserve energy, to have a victory. The gods all went to tend their responsibilities, then left Geb to help the civilians prepare. He quickened the speed of their work, using the same amount of energy, and many more amazing miracles, that would greatly help the people. 

Down below though, was another story. The demons and souls of the evil and dead, were sharpening all weapons and increasing their hate and anger to help their energy levels increase. Most succeeded, allowing them to evaporate into gas to rise onto the Earth. The only problem, with doing this though, is that it was a total distance of 3,000 miles, and had the possibility of turning them partially good hearted. The trip was painful, because while rising they were tormented with images of peace and stories with heartfelt situations. They also had to completely block this entirely out, because if they listened, they were bound to become of a good nature. 

The leader, Shezmu, was the most powerful of all the demons, and was the god of wine, and the underworld. He was in his own area, personally preparing for his way to victory. He was speaking to most of the best warriors around, and hired them all, due to his ability to make money out of the blue. He also knew most of the other warriors, were prone to true warrior blood, due to their exposure to all the surrounding hate and death. In total, he was able to come up with about 50,000 warriors, and they were all led by the ultimate demons. He was gloating too much, and was sure he would win and be crowned the god, above all others, including the sun god. Then, his time came, to rise into the terror, or in his view golden ages of his time. 

Geb was preparing the citizens very well, and had them all hide in the same places as the gods, and believe in each other with no doubt. He was scared though, afraid of the lack of recruits, and little experience in war. He also was concerned on what this experience’s effects would be on them. Would it be positive, causing them to do more good, or the opposite? These thoughts were agonizing to even imagine, so he gathered up his little fortune, that was made possible by donations, and divvied it out as much as possible, but the pay varied. Most got angry, but still they were signed on for several years, unfortunately, and had to stay. When Geb asked and pleaded for more recruits though, no one else would join, because they either wanted to defend their own town, or would not go against the law of elimination of violence. No matter what, he was grateful for what he had, 20,000 soldiers, as he should have felt, being the god of nature. Then, he and his crew, all went into their positions, in Heliopolis.

On Earth, the people all felt the presence of souls, gods, and demons approaching. They scrambled to their assigned stations, and awaited the gods. They soon arrived, and knew the time was coming. The gods started to feel the demons too much, and sensed their size, and calmed the people with positive thoughts, to prevent any shock.

The demons were all at the surface now, and Shezmu was on his chariot with his two black horses in the lead, and all his weaponry on his sides. His troops marched forward in glee and awe of their glorious leader. When they approached the cities, they realized the vacancy of a population, and wasted at least a quarter of their energy tearing apart buildings, searching for at least someone. They were very aggravated, and started to send out evil thoughts of hate and more, of their life stories. With no luck, they still journeyed onward. Then they approached the tree filled area, full of oases and the Nile. They noticed this area was full of motion, and knew they reached their final point. They gave a quick and simple glare to each other signaling to start the war, when Shezmu yelled “أعلن الحرب!” (I declare war!(in Arabic)).

Everyone on the good side came running out of their marked places, and charged at the evil. The war got vigorous and people were dieing all over. The people of good, got sorrowful, and knew, if that person’s death was to be for a reason, it would be to have sacrificed themselves for the good of the future, and loved ones, so they fought harder. They were going to win, even if they all died, except for one of them. Nothing mattered anymore, except what the future held for them all. 

The evil and Shezmu were losing, and started to grow full of anger, and lost track of the important things in their lives and ended up losing even more! Things were getting very serious for them, and they had to do something, to help reach their goal. But, what could they do? The terrain made it more difficult, because of its heat, which caused positive and deafening thoughts to them.

The battle’s intensity kept growing and growing, till it finally ended, with the Evil being shocked by the gods, and sent back to their own world, with multiple punishments to face in the future. Geb was not too harsh, but if he wanted positive changes to his Earth, he had to put in some punishment. They varied from being tormented with good thoughts, or even being used as servants. Shezmu though would have a punishment of being put into a cell with great depth away from all life and hope. 

When Geb was done with this dreaded moment of his life, he returned to a victorious clan of people in a circle of hope and prosperity. He welcomed those of the greatest achievements to be in his kingdom above, when they were finished on Earth, and everyone else, was guaranteed a life of freedom and miracles, due to their will.

Everyone soon resumed to regular life, in a week or so, but two professions started to skyrocket in availability. Being a scribe or architect, you would be paid tons, and would have the joy of writing the stories of the Heliopolis war, or making statues, memorabilia, or even tributes to Geb and the other various gods. The tale was then told on through generation and generation, as a myth, but the elders and noble’s families all new the truth and struggles of those dark ages, and continued to make sure all of the civilization stayed pure, and knew, that Geb, was the savior.