Chapter 40

Chapter 40.

Brooks POV.

I woke up in a uncomfortable bed, to different voices talking.

I slowly open my eyes and look around the white room, where am I?

There a five people in the room, I recognise two of them as my parents. What the hell are they doing here? The two others as Harry's mom and his stepdad, and lastly my boyfriend and the father of my future child, Harry Styles.

I move my hand down to my stomach to feel my baby bump. But to my surprise and shock there wasn't a bump on my stomach.

"Ha....Harry?" I ask feeling sad, was it just a dream? Me being pregnant with Harry's child?

"Babe, you're awake." He smile at me as he walks over to the side of the bed and take my hand in his large one. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired... Confessed, what happened? Was I not pregnant? Was it all a dream?" I ask confused.

"Yeah babe, you was pregnant. It wasn't a dream. Don't you remember what happened?" He ask.

"No?" I say, I really wanna know what happened.

"Oh, babe. Our baby died. Do you really not remember?" He whisper.

"How?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

"One of the fans hit you hard in the stomach and he couldn't survive it, I'm sorry babe."

Suddenly I remember it all. The hurtful comments, the hit, the bad news and giving birth to our dead baby. I gasp from the new shock overcoming me.

"No you don't have to be sorry. It wasn't your fault." I smile lightly at him. I can't believe a so called directioner had killed our baby.

"It was my so called fans. I'm so sorry baby. We can always make a new baby when you are ready." Harry say trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah I guess so." I say as I try to hold the sobs in.

"Come here babe, just let it out." He says and hold me close as I cry uncontrollable.

Soon the four adults come closer to the bed and join the hug and tries to comfort me.

After what felt like hours I look up at Harry. Still with tears running down my face.

"When can we leave?" I sniff, trying to dry the tears away.

"Whenever you feel ready to." He smile softly at me.

"I wanna leave now, please." I plead.

"Alright baby girl." Harry say and lifts and carry me bride style out of the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Harry and me made it home, I walked directly to the bedroom and collapsing on the bed, only to break into a fit of sobs.

That's all I did that night; cry, cry and cry myself to sleep. I can't believe that I lost my first child.

After two days of doing nothing, I didn't eat, didn't talk to anyone not even Harry who tried everything to get me to do anything. All I did was stare blankly out into nothing and cry all day long.

But then I got my shit together and began to work again and began to care for myself again.

But the longer I pretended to be okay, the harder it was for me to pretend. Harry or Katie would often ask if I was okay and I would lie and say that I was fine.

I felt myself slip away again, my body was here but I was elsewhere. It started with me sleeping in till noon and forget small things like if I had eaten, washed the cloth I was wearing or where my keys or phone was.

Then I began to come late for work and when I wasn't working I had no energy to spend time with Harry or take care of my self. I just came home from work, gave Katie a tired smile and went to bed.

It came to the point where I didn't show up for work, or didn't response to my phone calls or the doorbell.

I would just lay in my bed for days, just staring at the ceiling or the wall. My mind was blank and empty just as my heart felt like.

I would hear Harry, Katie or the others talk to me but I never responded. They would tell me about their day or some big news. But I just laid there, I never got up.

No one complained about my isolation and they didn't even do anything about it.

Soon my depression got deeper and deeper. So minutes, hours and days passed all the same. Then it became weeks and months and I still laid in the bed.

All the time that passed they waited for me to move, to come back to them. But I didn't, I didn't come back.

One day I heard the door open and close, I didn't bother turning around to look at the person. I just waited for them to say something then leave again. It's what they always do.

I felt the bed drip behind me, then some muscular arms around me. Then I smelt Harry's cologne.

"Brooke, please come back to us. I really miss you, the boys do too, Katie and the rest of the girls. We all miss you." He whisper. Then I feel his lips on my earlobe.

"Please Brooke? It's soon our 6 month anniversary. You have to come back. I can't live without you anymore." He whisper as something wet land on my face.

Is Harry Styles crying over me? Wait did he say 6 month anniversary? Have I been 'gone' for that long?

"Brookie, please. You missed Christmas, Louis' birthday, Zayn's birthday and mine. Please you can't miss our 6 month anniversary, you just can't." He whisper again.

Wow I missed out on so many importen things. How could I let myself slip that far away? I slowly turn around in his arms, to see Harry's face full of tears.

I slowly lift my hand up and place it on his cheek. Just as I do so, his eyes light up with hope.

"I'm so sorry Harry." I whisper my voice is horse because I haven't used it for so long. My tears treating to spill over.

"No Brookie, you don't have to be sorry, I understand it. But please be yourself again?" He kiss my cheek.

"I love you, Brookie. Please don't just lie there all the time anymore." He state.

"I love you too." I whisper back to him. I lean foreword and peck his lips lightly.

"Would you help me up?" I ask. Harry's eyes light even more up, not with hope but with happiness.

"Of course baby girl." He say and kiss me on the lips again.

He carefully help me up and bring me to the bathtub in my bathroom, our bathroom.

He help me fill the tub, get undressed and help me up in the tub.

"Just sit here and enjoy it, okay?" He kiss my forehead and head for the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask, suddenly feeling alone.

"I'm making you breakfast." He smile at me. He then go fully out of the room.

I have been gone for four months? I can't believe it. But I'm glad to be back.