Chapter 36: Not Possible

(NOT EDITED) - means that if some words or sentences are incorrect, then I haven't edited the chapter. Some people think that's it okay to make a big deal out of something that's incorrect. I'm sorry, I thought I put NOT EDITED in the beginning of every chapter.

-Charlie-

I unlocked the door to Ashton's apartment and quietly walked in. It was dark so I pulled out my phone and put on flashlight.

I shut the door and locked it, took off my shoes and looked around. "Ashton?" I whispered. I walked up some stairs and down a hall. This must be Aidan's room. I looked inside but he wasn't there. I went into worry mood.

I walked further down to the last door and opened it very quietly. I then saw Ashton, with Aidan sleeping beside him. Ashton must of fallen back asleep. 

I walked back downstairs and debated whether or not if I should go. Do I really want to tell him the truth? After everything? 

This may be kinda creepy, but I'm gonna stay. I'll just sit on the couch and stay awake until he wakes. I won't fall asleep.

-Ashton-

6:31 am

I stirred, rolled over and got up. I looked over my shoulder to see if Aidan was still asleep and to my knowledge, he was.

I dragged my feet down the stairs to wake myself up a bit, but when I got down there, there was a sleeping Charlie laying on my couch. 

Oh shit! I must of fallen back asleep. I totally forgot she was coming over to talk. Fuck.

"Charlie, wake up." I shook her.

"Ashton? Ashton! Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Jeez, I must of fallen asleep. I was gonna stay up, but I closed my eyes for two seconds and I must of just knocked out.

"That's usually all it takes. So what did you need to take to me about in the middle of the night?"

"I'm pregnant." She said. It didn't really bother me, but yet it did, since I still care for her.

"Okay? That's fantastic? I don't really know why you telling me this was so important. But congratulations."

"No Ashton, it's more complicated than that."

"What do you mean? You and Twan are having a baby together, that's fantastic." My heart was shattered inside, but I sucked it up.

"It's not Twan's Ashton, it's yours." I froze.

I stared at her in confusion. "Not possible. We haven't had sex since the day, since the week before I cheated." I was quiet but I also didn't believe her. It's not possible.

"I'm telling you the truth. Here." She handed me a folder. "I didn't know it was possible. Neither did the doctors, they did so many tests.  They said that it's only happened once, to a women in San Juan, but when she was giving birth, she and the baby died. It has never happened since." I looked at the papers and pictures.

"No, this isn't possible. I'm dreaming. This isn't real." The papers showed that the egg that was trapped inside her, which is now growing into a baby has O negative blood. And I have O negative blood.

"I'm telling the truth Ashton. The baby is yours."

"How are you sure? Maybe Twan is O negative? Maybe he has family members who do. What about your family? How can the doctors even know what the baby's blood is? It's still an egg yet, the only way to know is when it's born."

"I'm not one-hundred percent sure, but I do know the baby is yours. And no, Twan doesn't have O negative, none of his family does, neither does mine. I've done my research. You're the only one I know that has it."