Chapter 29: Prequel 1 - Part two

(Last prequel part, then we can get on with the book!)

[Song: All Time Low - Missing You]

(Not edited)

-Ashton-

"Hey Ashton, do you need my brother to give you a ride?" Jack asked.

"No, the bus is fine today."
"Alright, see ya tomorrow."
"Yeah."

"I'm sorry." What? I turned around and saw Charlie. I'm gonna dig a hole and die in it.

"Sorry for what?" I asked annoyed already.

"I'm sorry for acting so rude to you." Her? Rude?

"No, you weren't rude. I was rude. I'm sorry." I'm even proud of myself. That's a first.

"Apology accepted." I smiled lightly, then started walking to the bus.

"Do you ride this bus?" She asked while catching up to me.

"Yeah..." I scratched the back of my neck.

"I do too. Wanna sit with me?" I smiled once again. Trying to be nice to her, since I was a bit rude.

"Sure."

~~~

"So, may I know your name now?"
"Ashton."
"Ashton. I like your name."
"Thanks." I smile.

"You're not half bad at all." Half bad? Ha.

"I'm guessing you heard some rumors?" I chuckled.

"Yes, but, I don't really listen to them. Knowing that they are ninety-nine percent false." I laughed.

"Now that is true. I guess I judged you too much. You're not half bad yourself." Something is weird about me lately.

"Why thank you."

"My house is next. So maybe we can hang out sometime?" I asked, trying not to blush. Do guys even blush?

"Yea, sure. May I tell my dad about you though? That your a friend? I didn't really make much friends today." I kinda felt bad for her.

"Of course. And if he asks if I believe in God or stuff like that. Just tell the truth. Or have him talk to me. I don't mind." She nodded.

"See you tomorrow."
"See ya tomorrow."

~~~

"Hey mum." I kissed her cheek.

"Hi pumpkin." I groaned.
"Please don't call me that." I then laughed.
"I can't help it. So, how was your first day of seventh grade?" Ah oh.

"Boring. I was accidentally late to first class. Then my teacher gave me a detention tomorrow after school."

"A detention already? Ashton. What time do I need to pick you up?" She groaned. Me and my mum are like best friends. As weird as that sounds, we are very close.

"Well I only need to spend a half hour after school."

"Okay. But your father might have to pick you up. I might still be at work." Ugh.

"You can't let him pick me up." I whispered, knowing that he's probably in his "office".

"I'm sorry. As much as I don't like the idea either. I might have no choice. I can't get off work early. I have exams." My mum is studying to be a nurse. I'm proud of her.

"Okay, you're off the hook. This time." I smiled.

"Ashton." I turned around, seeing my dad.

"Yes father." I gulped.