Chapter 3: Decisions

(Not fully edited) (Listen to song)

-Charlie's POV-

Ashton should be here any minute now. I'm really nervous about this. I haven't even seen his house. What if he brings many girls home at night? What id he doesn't feed Aidan? I'm getting second thoughts about this idea.

Awhile after my thinking the doorbell rung. I rushed to the door and only to open it for Ashton. He was standing right before me.

"Hey." He spoke first. Maybe I should cancel my college trip.

"Hi, um, I was thinking. I should just not go to my college trip." I blurted. His head jerked up and stared into my eyes with his innocent ones.

"Why? I thought this was your dream college?" I nodded my head and looked down.

"It is, but I can't leave Aidan for three months. Do you know how much I'd miss out?" What if he finally learns his alphabet? Or count to twenty? I'd miss that.

"Don't worry Charlie. If anything exciting happend or bad, you'll be the first one to know. I'll call you. And you can call every night and morning to say goodnight and good morning." He does have a point. We do have facetime and calling.

"Fine, but don't make me regret my decision." He smiled widely and nodded fast.

"Trust me, you won't." He looked down and smiled again.

Ya, we'll see.

________________

"Come on Aidan, time to pack up." I yelled as I was walking up the stairs.

"Mommy, can you help me?" I laughed at his struggle but helped him anyway.

As I helped, Ashton came into the room and leaned against the side.

"DADDY!!" Aidan screamed and ran to Ashton. Ashton picked him up and spun him around.

"Hey buddy." I smiled at the moment. Maybe Ashton should be in Aidan's life.

"Are you staying with me daddy?" Aidan asked and Ashton looked at me. I nodded and he smiled again.

"You're coming with me to daddy's house." Ashton said. I just there in awe. This amazes me. Aidan is already attached to Ashton. Father like son.

"Alright daddy and Aidan. Let's finish packing, cause I still need to pack." Ashton out Aidan down and Aidan ran to his closet.

"You go pack, I got Aidan. And if I'm missing anything, then you can help." I nodded and left Aidan's room to go to mine.

-Ashton's POV-

Charlie left to go finish packing her stuff, while I'm in here helping Aidan.

"Daddy, I need help with my bag." I chuckled and walked over to my son.

"Alright buddy. What do you want to bring with daddy?" It feels nice to be called "Dad"

"I want to bring Braden." He squealed. I furrowed my eyebrow. Braden?

"Who's Braden?" I asked

"Braden's my teddy bear." He started laughing and I laughed with him.

"Alright, let's finish packing." He nodded and went to a short black dresser.

______________

"Alright bud, I think we got everything you need and want to bring with you." He nodded and grabbed his teddy bear.

I thought of an idea and then I grabbed Aidan and put him over my shoulders. He squealed and started laughing. Soon he was sitting on my shoulders and laughing his butt off.