Chapter 29- Answers

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Max." Replied Jess. "I believe you wouldn't hurt me. You are one of my bestest friends. I trust you with all my heart. I will put my life in your hands."

Max smiled, and hugged Jess. Tears streamed down both their faces. They stayed like that for what seemed hours. Just hugging and crying into each others arms.

He pulled away, and wiped the tears from Jess' faces. She giggled, and pulled him into another hug. And just sat like that. Minutes past, and neither had said a word. They just hugged for what seemed hours, days, weeks, months, years!

"Jess?" Said Max, suddenly. He pulled away and stared her in the eyes.

She replied, "Yes Max?"

"Can I tell you something? But you have to promise not to say anything to anyone. Not to a teacher, our friends, even Ross or Shelby," said Max.

Jess smiled and said, "Of course Max. You can tell me anything. I will keep it a secret. For ever."

He took a deep breath and blurted our, "As you may have known, I didn't have many friends growing up. Everyone teased me. So I bullied them back. And it stayed like that. But for a couple of months, Adam was my friend. I could trust him. He was my best friend. I told him everything. He knew all my secrets, and never told anyone. Then one day, I went to school, and everyone was pointing and laughing at me. I saw Adam with the cool kids. He had told everyone my secrets, all my personal stuff. It hurt me. That's when I started getting into fights, and not trusting people. I never spoke to anyone at all, and made no friends. I fell into depression. I started to cut myself. But then I met you. I felt like I finally made a friend. I stop cutting. And sooner or later, I made a ton of new friends. You pulled me out of depression. You saved me from what seemed like a black hole. I have friends now. And my life couldn't be any better. I don't know where I would be without you. That's why I hate Adam. And why you are my best friend now."

Jess bursted out in tears, and pulled Max into a bone crushing hug. "M-Max. I didnt know. I-I am so s-sorry."

"Don't be! You saved me from cutting, and depression. You are the reason I am breathing, Jess. I know I may have only known you for a couple months. But it feels like a life time." Said Max.

They sat there, on the couch, crying into each other again. She never knew she made this big of an impact on Max's life. This made her feeling grow even more.

"Max, can I tell you something?" She asked.

"Of course."

She blurted out, "In the beginning, I never thought I would have any friends at all. I never thought I would be your friend. But when I met Shelby, and Ross, and you... I felt something I haven't felt in a long time. Happiness. I got bullied at my old school, a lot. And my only friend was my cousin. He was my only friend. And when I had to leave him, it hurt me so much. I thought that I would never have any friends at all. But then I met you. And let me just say... You made my life a whole lot better."

Tears wouldn't stop flowing out of Max's eyes. "When you stoped talking to me, I seriously cried. I thought Adam stoled you from me."

"That would never happen. Trust me. Adam is nothing compared to you. You are so much better then him. Trust me when I say that." Said Jess, still crying her eyes out.

Max replied, still full of tears, "Are you sure? I am just that bad boy that always gets in trouble. Everyone always prefers Adam."

"Adam is just a friend. You are my best friend. I would chose you over Adam, anyday. You, are amazing. Your smart, kind, and funny. You are so much better then Adam." Whispered Jess.

She didn't realized they were hugging again. She was staining Max's jacket with her tears. The rain pouring was the only thing she could hear. It grew louder and louder.

Jess suddenly spoke again, "I have never felt so safe in anyone's arms before."

Max chuckled, "I never want to let go of you. You are so soft and sweet."

She laughed, "Thanks, I guess. I never felt this safe at my old school. But when I am with you, everything is different."

Max replied, "Same with you. You are so smart, put hearted, beautiful, and hilarious."

Jess froze and said, "Did you just call me beautiful?"

He froze as well. He pulled away from the hug and looked her in her deep brown eyes. "Well, I don't lie, Jess. Especially to you."

"But I don't even wear makeup or dress nice to go anywhere." Said Jess, wiping left over tears from her face.

"Because you don't need makeup. You are already so beautiful. On the inside and out." Said Max.

She smiled and said, "Thanks."

Max replied with a simple, "Your welcome."

She has truley never been safer with anyone else. She lives Max so much. She has to tell him. Right now.

"Max can I tell you something? That I have been meaning to tell you?" She asked.

"Yes, of course. Anything." Said Max.

Jess blurted out, "Max you are the most coolest person I have met. You are so smart, kind, funny, and hot. You helped me through many rough times. You protected me, and saved me. I can't thank you enough. And I tried to tell you on the bus, and at the bowling alley, but I got inturupped so many times. But you made my life so much better, and you are so sweet to me. And you have a great personality. You are nice to our friends and everyone else. I don't know where I would be without... What I am trying to say is... that I... I..."

Max stared at her confused. "You what?"

"I love you, Max."

His eyes widen with shock. Jess looked down at her feet in shame. She knew he didn't like her.

Jess blurted in one breath, "I am so sorry! I understand if you don't feel the same way about me! It's just that I wanted to tell you, but I never got the cha-"

Max stopped Jess. He put his finger under her chin and forced her to look at him. They stared at each other... their lips only inches away.

"I love you too."

Then Max closed the gap between their lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, this isn't the end! I have more planned for this book.

But I am not kidding guys, I cried while writing this chapter!!!

Even before I wrote Smile, I knew that I would write a chapter like this someday. I never thought that I would actually get the chance too!

I cant believe this book has reached 18k reads!!! Thank you all so much!!! I don't deserve this!!!

You guys... thank you!!!

Later my little dinosaurs, rawr!

- Luna 🌙❤