Chapter 43: College

What inspired me to come back from a literal 4 year hiatus and finish this book? This super funny tweet: https://twitter.com/hksauthor/status/1447009465744695299?s=10

I probably won't finish "No Strings Attached" but who knows! Maybe I'll see another hit funny tweet about Ao3/Wattpad writers and become inspired to finish it. 

A lot has changed since I published the first chapter. I started Crossroads in high school and now I have graduated college. I'm not the same person that I was back then and probably would've structured it differently, especially the plot. Just wanted to wrap it up. Hope you enjoyed this book.

_____________

Kayla's POV

Being an athlete in college is extremely different from being one in high school. For one, you're literally around your team 24/7. Morning practice, class, study hall, then training followed by another practice. You also live in a dorm and you probably are living with another athlete as well.

My roommate played basketball and was from the same town as well. Her name was Ally and she was a freshman as well.

After a series of physical and drug tests, the thing I dreamed about the most as a child came true: a photo shoot wearing the jersey of my dream school.

This photo shoot was solely for the 2017 recruiting class, specifically for the basketball and soccer recruits, both female and male. 

When I arrived, the boy's soccer team already finished and were heading out.

Christy was getting her solo shots taken. She was doing poses holding a ball, without a ball, dribbling, and passing.

"Okay, that's great." The photographer said as he checked the photos. "Can we do one where you grip the ball and hold it in front of you?"

"Uh I don't know if I can. My hands are small." Christy said with a laugh.

"Just try?"

Christy proceeded to attempt to grip the ball but it would fall down each time.

"Alright that's fine. Can I get a duo photo with you and Ally?"

Ally walked over and Christy looked less unconformable and loosened up immediately. They snapped a few poses. Apparently those two were the top recruits for the 2017 class and UCLA somehow got both of them to commit to their school.

"Man this basketball season is going to be great. Two dominant guards that are going to shake things up in the tournament." The photographer said as he showed them the photos he just snapped. "I think we're about done with-" The photographer suddenly looked toward my direction. "Oh, Kayla right? You're from the same town as these two, right? Get over here."

I awkwardly walked over, knowing how things between Christy and I never healed, we just pretended it never happened when it clearly did. It acts like the weight for both of us that prevents us from talking like we used to.

"Kayla stand in the middle and you two stand on the side. I want you all the cross your arms and do not smile." The photographer instructed us as the overhead lights beside us flashed. "Okay now put your arms down and smile." 

I smiled as the light blinded me once again. 

"Alright, you basketball girls can leave now. Kayla could you please stay?" The photographer asked as he rolled a soccer ball toward me.

I posed with my foot on top of the ball, kicking the ball up in the air, holding the ball, and all sorts of other ridiculous poses.

While I was posing, I couldn't stop thinking about how Christy was able to get a full ride scholarship and that I somehow ended up being roomed with someone from my hometown. I wonder if Ally knew anything that happened between Christy and I. At least we're both barely in the dorms due to sports, so the only time we really see each other is in the morning when we're waking up and at night when we sleep.

Crossroads (Lesbian Stories)(gxg)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara