Chapter 3: My hero, and my girl

Christy POV

The buzzer for the end of the game sounded as I got up from the beach to high-five the other team. I only played 2 quarters today since we built a lead early and the coach wanted to rest me for the next game but that didn't stop me from dropping 25 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals, and 2 blocks to beat our opponents 55-21.

I looked into the stands and saw my friends coming off the bench to congratulate me. After taking a few photos and unexpected guest emerged from the shadows and walked up toward me. It was Kayla. She held a poster that said "Our hero is #11."

She walked up toward me and hugged me. "You did great today," she whispered in my ear.

I was surprised at her gesture and awkwardly hugged her back. "Ummm thanks Kayla." I mumbled as my confused friends looked us on.

"Can we take a picture?" She asked while breaking away from the hug.

"Uh sure I guess."

Kayla proceeded to hand her phone to one of my friends gesturing to take a picture for us. She motioned for me to hold one end of the poster while I held the other. Her arm snaked around my waist and pulled me closer to her.

I was really weirded out and confused on why Kayla was acting this way but I shrugged it off. She was probably being friendly. Besides, there were rumors she was hooking up with the boy's soccer captain and they seemed like a good fit.

I flashed a small smile as my friend snapped the picture. Kayla ran up to look at the picture and frowned slightly.

"Can you look happier in the photo? You look like you're not happy at all." Kayla said while getting ready to take a second photo. This time I flashed a slightly bigger smile. Kayla checked out the photo and seem satisfied with it. She said her goodbye mentioning her having to be somewhere soon and gave me a hug and went her way.

"Ooooooh Kayla is trying to get into your pants," my friend Ava teased while giving me a playful push.

"Not even man. Haven't you heard the rumors of her and Jesse hooking up? The two soccer captains. Doesn't that sound like a better match than me and her?"

Ava just shook her head while we walked out into the student parking lot.

"She could get anyone she wants, why would she want me?"

"Because you're you. Duh. Girls are always basically head over heals for you." Ava stated.

I shook my head as we got into the car and started driving away from school.

Kayla POV

I tried making it clear to Christy that I was somewhat interested in her by going to her game and making her a poster but it didn't seem to work. I felt that Christy thought it was a friendly move since I did promise I was going to go to her game although she looked quite surprised when she saw me walking toward her.

She did great. She looked unbelievably hot dribbling the ball up and down the court shooting over girls who were probably twice her height and size. Christy was a little ball of muscle who could make her way around everything.

After I said goodbye to Christy I started heading out but not before stopping by my locker to pick up some books.

I heard a voice echoing through the halls and it sounded a lot like one of the friends of Christy who watched and came up to pick up Christy after the game.

"Ooooo Kayla is trying to get in your pants!" A voice said.

I was shocked by this completely false statement. I didn't just want to get in her pants. Well maybe I did but I also wanted to get to know her and maybe take her out on a date or two.