Chapter 23: Confrontation

Christy's POV

I woke up I feeling empty. I don't know to describe it but the feeling of being so alone and isolated from everything. I mean I know I'm quite popular and I have tons of friends and family who love me but I have ever felt so alone. I never knew I was alone. This is why I don't do relationships. I should had never made an exception for her.

The doorbell rang and I heard footsteps moving to answer it. About a minute later I heard a knock on the door and Steph opened the door slightly and stuck her head in.

"Hey, Natalie and Parker are outside and they brought food. Do you want them to stay or should I tell them to come back another time?"

"No it's fine let them stay." I said as I got off my bed and put on a pair of shorts and walked out the door.

"Maddie has a hockey tournament today, do you want Katelyn to drive her and I'll stay with you?" Steph asked as she walked with me to the living room.

"No it's fine just go. I have Natalie and Parker to keep me company."

As we walked out into the living room I saw a three bags of take out boxes plus a Safeway grocery bag. They said hey to me and I sat down in the couch between them.

Steph nodded. "Hey Natalie and Parker, we're going out for Maddie's hockey tournament. Keep Christy company and if Kayla swings by kick her fucking ass for me." Steph grabbed her car keys and started walking toward the front door.

"After my tournament is over I'm going to bring the entire team over the Kayla's house and we're all going to beat her with our hockey sticks." Maddie said as she walked through the living room carrying a huge duffel with her skates in one hand and her sticks in the other.

"As much as I want to join in on that I'm going to have to play the parent role and say no." Steph grumbled.

"Come on let's get a move on. Christy there's money on the counter if we're not home by 7 for dinner." Katelyn said, walking toward the front door.

"Bye guys. Kick ass today Maddie." I said while waving.

"I'll destroy everyone don't worry, I'll just imagine that they're Kayla." She laughed.

"Your family is so fucking cool." Parker said with a hint of jealously.

"Yeah man they're wicked cool. Remind me to never mess with you." Natalie said nervously.

"Let's eat!" Parker said as she took out take out boxes full of sushi.

"Oh my god I love you guys." I exclaimed. My friends always knew how to make me feel better.

"Wait put the ice cream in the freezer." Parker said to Natalie. Oh my god they brought ice cream too. Man what did I do to have such loyal friends?

We ate a few pieces before Natalie spoke up.

"So have you talked to Kayla yet?"

Suddenly there was tension in the air but then I swallowed the lump in my throat and spoke.

"No I haven't even checked my phone."

"What are you going to say to her?" Parker said reaching for the soy sauce.

"Well first thing is find out how long she's been cheating on me and then break up with her. Cut that bitch off."

"I'm glad you think that. Don't be one of those girls who goes back to the person who cheated on them. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Some people don't deserve a second chance." Natalie said boldly.

"Ahem girl!" Parker said as she high fived Natalie.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and Natalie set down her take out container full of sushi and walked toward the door.