Chapter 7: Chipotle

Kayla's POV

Christy must have been really tired because as soon as she sat down, she was already asleep. I looked at her for a second longer and realized how peaceful she looked when she was asleep. She was so beautiful. I shook myself out of it. It's too soon to be thinking these thoughts.

I started the car and started to drive back to town. There was a lot of traffic and we were just sitting there for 45 minutes stuck in traffic. About 45 minutes in, Christy woke up.

"There's a lot of traffic right now and the next exit says there's a mall nearby so do you wanna go there and grab something to eat and wait for the traffic to clear up?" I say while tapping my fingers on the steering wheel.

"Yeah sure let's go." Christy says while yawning and stretching.

I switch lanes and exit the highway.

"What looks good to you?" I say while looking for a parking spot.

"Besides you? I want Chipotle right now."

I blushed a shade of red and her smoothness. "Okay Chipotle it is." I say while pulling into a parking space.

We walked into Chipotle and surprisingly there was no line. I looked at my watch. 3 PM. Huh no wonder why.

Christy and I walked over to the serving line and waited. A woman walked up and smiled at us.

"Hi ready to order?" She asked in a cheerful tone.

"Yes I'd like a burrito bowl to go." Christy said while looking at all the assortment of choices.

"Could I have white rice with steak. No beans. No beans please. I'll take mild salsa, corn, sour cream, and-"

"Hi madam what can I get you today?" A voice said.

"Oh um could I get a chicken salad? With salsa and corn?"

"Okay sure!" The guy rang up the stuff pretty quick. I wanted to pay for Christy's bowl and he got it just in time.

"Wait!"

Christy froze midway handing her money to the cashier.

"Let me pay for you." I said while pulling out my wallet.

"Don't be ridiculous Kayla." She said while handing the money to the cashier.

"Come on please!"

"You know what I should be paying for you because of that little stunt you decided to pull last night at the diner. Ring her up too please and I'll pay for her."

"Wait-!"

Before I knew what was happening, she handed the money to the cashier and paid for me. She handed me a soda cup and smirked.

"Come on let's eat." She said while nudging me slightly.

We got our drinks and Christy took a two of lemons with her. She then squeezed a slice of lemon into her burrito bowl and then put the other one into her drink. Then I noticed how she didn't have a lid nor a straw on her cup.

"I like to minimize the amount of plastic I use and only take lids and straws when I need to." She explained while mixing the contents of her bowl around. She looked at my food and made a face. "You ordered a SALAD? At CHIPOTLE?!"

"Yeah! Salad is great!" I said while pouring the vinaigrette on my salad. "Salad is good for you. You should eat it sometimes." I said while taking a bite out of my salad.

She made a face and took out a forkful of her food. "Literally look at this heavenly combination with steak, mild salsa, sour cream, corn, and lettuce though."

I had to admit, it did look delicious.

"Do you want a bite?" Christy asked while pushing her bowl toward me. I took a bite of her burrito bowl and I had to admit, it was good. While I was occupied with her bowl, she stole a bunch of croutons from my salad!

"Hey! My croutons!"

"Hey I might not like salad, but I sure do love my croutons."

We finished our food while having small talk. Then we walked out and got into my car.

"So, still wanna come over to watch Netflix?"

"Sure why not." She said with a smile.