Chapter 14: An Unexpected Turn

Kayla's POV

I pulled up in front of Christy's house in my dad's black BMW. After I dropped Diana off at her house, I stopped by a flower shop to pick up a red rose. I grabbed the rose and walked out of the car and started walking up the driveway to the front door.

I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.

A girl answered the door and gave me a smile. "You must be Kayla. Please come in."

As I walked in I saw Steph sitting on the couch. She stood up when she saw me and walked over to me and shook my hand.

"Hello Kayla, nice to see you again."

"It's nice to see you again, Steph and Katelyn, it was nice meeting you." I said with a bright smile.

"I hope you take good care of my baby sister, if you hurt her, I'm afraid we'll have to come out and get you." Steph said in a serious tone.

"Steph stop being embarrassing," said another girl who looked similar to Steph as she walked into the room. "I'm Maddie, Christy's older sister." She said while sitting on the couch. "But yeah if you hurt her we'll come out to kick your ass."

I wasn't scared or intimidated by their threat because I had no intention of ever hurting Christy.

"Don't worry, I don't ever plan on-" I was cut off when Christy came into the room.

My god I have never seen someone who legitimately took my breath away. She was literally breathtaking. I just stood there staring at her and I probably also looked like the biggest idiot ever when Maddie's voice brought me back into reality.

"So are you just going to stand there staring at her all night?" Maddie said.

Steph and Katelyn glared at her at the same time and I walked up to her.

"You look amazing. I'm literally speechless with how beautiful you look."

Christy turned a bright shade of red and looked down at the floor. "Aw thank you. You look amazing too."

"Oh yeah! I got this for you." I said while handing her the flower with a smile.

"Aw how cute. Thank you." She said while giving me a kiss.

"Come on we gotta get a move on if we want to make that reservation." I said while extending my hand and she grabbed it and started walking toward the door. We said our goodbyes and went off to the restaurant.

We sat in silence for about 2 minutes before Christy broke the silence.

"Your butt honestly looks so good in that dress." She blurted out.

"Wow how romantic." I said with a laugh.

"Oh sorry was I supposed to be romantic? Okay here how about this, your booty is poppin." She said with a huge grin.

We burst out into laughter. "Okay thanks for the compliment but no copping a feel until we get to the restaurant. But I must say this too, your butt also looks great"

"Okay so tell me this truthfully," she said as she turned her body to face me. "Is my make up too much or too bold? Is it bad? Does it even look good?"

I leaned over and gave her a kiss since we were at a red light. "It looks great babe your sisters did a great job. It makes you look somehow more smoking hot than you already are."

Christy's POV

For the rest of the ride, Kayla basically explained to me what Steph and Katelyn did with their make up cause honestly I know nothing about makeup.