Chapter 8: Two Athletes

Christy's POV

Mondays are never fun, especially when you had such a great weekend and your English teacher is too fed up talking about herself rather than our lesson despite me being in an advanced class. Okay okay I know I skipped the part where Kayla and I went to her house and watched Netflix. It wasn't like the "Netflix and chill" thing where we would watch Netflix and then end up screwing each other. We were watching Bob's Burgers when we both fell asleep. We woke up a few hours later and Kayla drove me home. Our "goodbye kiss" ended up being a slight make out session in her car when Maddie coincidentally was on her way home also and knocked on the window telling us to stop making a porno in a public place. So overall, the Saturday I spent with Kayla was good.

The bell rung and I rushed out of the classroom. Thank god since my teacher would NOT stop talking about how hot Brad Pitt was. Like seriously, I'm too gay for that. On my way to psychology I was pulled into a room. Great I was being kidnapped and now I'm going to be late for class.

To my surprise, it was Kayla. She pulled me in for a deep kiss.

"What class do you have next?" She said while pulling away.

"AP Psych." I said while dragging her outside the bathroom. No way was I going to be late.

"Hm pretty and smart? I scored big on you huh?" She said while giving me a nudge.

I rolled my eyes at her. "I have 20 minutes before practice today. Wanna do something?"

"I wish I could but I can't. I have practice."

"Oh yeah how could I forget you're the school's star soccer player who never misses a single practice." I teased

"Oh please like you would skip a practice either."

"Touche Owens."

"I'll see you in chemistry Johnson." She said while giving me a kiss on the cheek.

My friend Lindsey was in this class. She walked up to me to say hello.

"So you're with Kayla?" She asked out of the blue.

The bell rung and all the students got to their seats but the teacher wasn't here yet.

"What?" I asked, not sure if I heard correctly.

"You're with Kayla now? Or have a thing going on since I saw how you were pulled into the bathroom and walked out with her."

"Ummm are you stalking me?"

"No but considering how my locker was in front of the girls' bathroom and how you're gay and Kayla is supposedly bisexual, I put 2 and 2 together. Don't worry I won't tell anyone."

"Okay thanks but what do you mean by supposedly?" I asked curiously, not knowing what she meant.

"Isn't she like fuck buddies with Jesse? Apparently people seen them together a lot and the two soccer captains together doesn't that sound cute? And someone told me Kayla was "those bisexuals" who are just bi for the attention of a guy. That guy being Jesse. Have you seen Faking It? Guys fall for that shit all the time, think it's hot or some shit like that."

"You're making too much generalizations Lindsey. You don't even know her." I stated, I was getting angry.

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

Psych dragged on what Lindsey said to me left a bitter taste in my mouth. Kayla wouldn't go for me if she still liked Jesse right? Then math was even worse. I might be smart and even with me taking AP Psych, APUSH, and American Lit Honors, I still couldn't figure out how to do math, I naturally sucked at math. I'm in algebra 2 now as a junior, how embarrassing but whatever since most of my friends are in that class.