Chapter 40

Rydel's POV

Yesterday was a success. Mark had a great day, everyone enjoyed it. Today is my appointment, I'm going for an ultrasound and finding out the gender of the baby. I get out of bed and get changed, I brush my teeth and do my makeup aswell. I wake Mark up and get him ready also. I put him on my hip and carry him downstairs. Once I set him down, I begin making breakfast. The boys start rushing downstairs and sit at the table with Mark. I giggle and serve them the food. Ell comes over to me and kisses me.

"Morning babe!"-Ratliff

"Morning!"-Rydel

I smile at him and he steals a bit of bacon. I playfully hit him in the stomach. I was really excited for the ultrasound, we could finally buy the right colour baby items. Everybody was coming with me as they really wanted to see the baby and find out the gender. Plus, Ryland was recording some footage for the documentary.

We finish getting ready and I grab my documents. We get in the car and Ryland starts recording.

"Hey Delly, Wanna Tell Them Where We're Going?"-Ryland

"We are going to the ultrasound and we might find out the gender!"-Rydel

The guys start cheering and Ryland turns the camera off. We ride for another 10 minutes and we pull into the car park. We get out of the car and begin walking into the hospital. We walk up to the antenatal ward and I register in. We wait nervously for about 15 minutes until we are called in. Ryland begins recording again.

"Would you like to lie down on the bed?"-Nurse

I nod and lay down cautiously.

I lift my top up, just underneath my bra line and smiled at the camera nervously.

The sonographer grabs the cold gel and squeezes it onto my bare stomach. I squeal and the guys laugh. Im so glad this is all being recorded.

The sonographer pulls the doppler over to my bump and places it down. She begins moving it around and the baby appears on the screen. The little heart flickering melted my heart. The sound of my baby's heartbeat echoes around the room, making everybody smile.

"Your baby is perfectly healthy, heart rate is normal, size is good... would you like to find out the sex?"-Midwife

I nod and she proceeds.

"Well, I think its very clear what the gender is! If you look here, the legs are open wide..."-Midwife

"I dont see anything..."-Ratliff

"Exactly..."-Midwife

"You mean?..."-Rydel

She nods.

"ITS A GIRL?"-Rydel

"Yeah!"-Ratliff

"Oh My Stars, Im gonna have to get Rydel's old baby clothes out!"-Stormie

"Im gonna have a daughter?"-Rydel

"I'm gonna have a little sister?"-Mark

Everyone started crying tears of happiness and Ryland was recording it all.

She scans over my stomach for a little while longer and we see her sucking her thumb. Im so excited to become a mom again, its starting feel more real now.

She cleans the gel from my stomach and I stand up. She hands me the disk that has the ultrasound on.

"I don't suppose you wanna give me a gender scan?"-Ryland

She just laughs and nods.

He hands the camera to me. He lays down on the bed and lifts his shirt up, revealing the fake bump. She pretends to squirt the gel on and Ryland fake shivers. She moves the doppler over his false bump.