Chapter 17

Rydel's POV

I wake up groggily after staying up all night with the boys. I honestly didn't mind though. I actually kinda enjoyed it. I got ready for the day and also got Mark ready.

Today was the day of the show, I sat in soundcheck with them and watched them happily. I was upset that I couldn't be on the stage with them, but I couldn't blow my cover to the fans or to Ratliff just yet.

There was one fan that kept staring at me. I began feeling nervous. My hands started to go sweaty and my clutch on Mark became more firm. I think she knows...

I stand up from my seat, making sure to cover Marks face from the fans and go to walk off. The girl watched cautiously and I begin walking faster.

When I turned around the girl was no longer in her spot. Great...

I walked backstage only to be greeted by her. I go to turn around but she grabs my arm.

"I know who you are..."-Girl

"Who?"-Rydel

"You are Rydel, aren't you?"-Girl

"No, my name is Mary!"-Rydel

"Yeah Right! There's No Point Lying To Me!"-Girl

"I'm not, I swear!"-Rydel

"Who's this?"-Girl

I looked back at Mark, who was still in my arms...asleep

"Don't you dare touch him!"-Rydel

She pinned me against the wall and I became even more scared. She only looked around 18 but she looked strong.

"You let the entire R5 Family down! What do you have to say for yourself? You are a failure!"-Girl

I start sobbing and her arm extends back as she prepares to punch me in the face.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!?!"-???

Just then the guys run over to her and pull her off. Before she is fully off me she grabs my hair. Riker takes Mark as I turn around and start fighting with her. The guys try and separate us, well all except Rocky... he was recording it... I have no idea what came over me but I just started beating her up. The security guards came over to us and pulled us apart. We was escorted into a room and we had to wait there. 2 police officers walked in half an hour later and I sighed. I knew what was coming next.

They handcuffs swung around my wrist and gripped into a tight lock. Ouch...

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?"-Police Officer

I simply nod without saying a word and they escort me out of the room.

As soon as the door opens my brothers and Ratliff stand up. Mark is in Riker's arms still. When they see me getting arrested they start screaming and shouting at the police officers.

My brothers are so angry that Riker hands Mark to Ratliff and starts shouting again. The police called for back up and we was all put in the back of the police cars. Everybody except Ratliff...

Riker, Rocky and I was put in one police car, Ryland and Ross was put in the other one with the girl.

The ride to the police station was agonising. All I kept thinking of was Mark. My hands were starting to hurt in the handcuffs.

When we get there, the police officer escorted us into the cell. We were all in the same cell... thank god!

When the officers left we spoke among ourselves. I told my brothers what happened and they were even more angry. One by one we left the cell and done our fingerprints. We had our one phone call and nobody was answering. Can this day get any worse?

Then I remembered... Ratliff still has Mark.

"It's funny... that the 5 of us are here, sitting side by side in a cell, after being arrested... I honestly never thought this day would come... we are officially badasses!"-Rocky

"Best Day Ever!"-Ross

"Are you freaking kidding me? We are sitting in a prison cell, waiting to be bailed out, while you guys are meant to be doing a concert and I'm meant to be with my son, who is now left with Ratliff... who, might I add don't have a clue how to take care of a baby!"-Rydel

"Shit..."-Riker

"Exactly!"-Rydel

"We need to get out of here!"-Ryland

"Ya think?..."-Rydel

We all sigh again. This day was not how I planned.

It was only 2:30pm and we still had time to get to the concert. The meet and greet was at 5pm and the concert started at 7pm.

We tried ringing one last time and my mom finally picked up!

We explained the situation and she agreed to come pick us up. I was so relieved.

As soon as she got here she was led to us.

"Oh my stars! What are you kids up to?"-Stormie

She got out her phone and took a few pictures of us.

"Mom! What are you doing?"-Ryland

"Making memories! This is the first time you've been arrested and hopefully the last!"-Stormie

Then she got her camera out and the guard looked at her disgusted. My mom shrugged it off and took more pictures just to wind her up.

The guard opened the cell and released us from the handcuffs. Thank God!

I hug my mom and my brothers as we exit the station. As soon as we got out we started laughing. I've gotta admit, even after being arrested... it was kinda funny!

It took us an hour to get back to the hotel. The guys got ready and I went to find Mark and Ratliff. I knocked on the door and Ratliff opened it with Mark on his hip. I smile at the sight and he invites me in.

Baby things are spread everywhere out of the diaper bag that was left with him. I laughed at the mess and Ratliff blushed.

"Sorry about that..."-Rydel

"It's okay Mary, it was actually kinda fun looking after him, he's a good kid!"-Ratliff

We talk a little while longer until he has to get ready. The guys leave for the meet and greet and I stay with Mark at the hotel. My wrist still hurt from the handcuffs.

I got ready after a while of sitting round doing nothing and went to the concert. I really enjoyed it and they done the dedication song to me.

Tear drops in your hazel eyes
I can't believe I made you cry
It feels so long since we went wrong
But you're still on my mind

Never meant to break your heart
Sometimes things just fall apart
So heres one night to make it right
Before we say goodbye

So wait up, wait up
Give me one more chance
To make up, make up
I just need one last dance

Freshman year I saw your face
Now its graduation day
Said we'd be friends, till the end
Can we start again?

So wait up, wait up
Give me one more chance
To make up, make up
I just need one last dance

Na na na na oh-oh
Na na na na oh-oh

I heard you're heading east
So lets just make our peace
So when you think of me
You'll smile, and I'll smile

So wait up, wait up
Give me one more chance
To make up, make up
I just need one last dance

So wait up, wait up
Give me one more chance
Just one song, then I'll move on
Give me one last dance
I just need one last dance with you

Oh-woah

The whole way through I can't help but smile and cry at the same time. Seeing Ratliff tear up during the performance makes me believe he really did love me...

I made a huge mistake...