Chapter 25

Rydel's POV

I sit in the hospital waiting on the news. Tears stained my pale face. I felt sick with worry.

I was shaking with fear at what the outcome could be, this is the worst thing that's happened to me. Everybody was crying, which didn't exactly help the situation.

My mom came over to me and made her best attempt at comforting me. All I could think about now was him. It's all my fault. He could die because of me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happens to him.

If I had pulled him away from the road in time everything would be okay...

All that could run through my mind is Mark...

We were outside and a dog went past. Mark loves dogs and was anxious to stroke it. He ran over to it and the man with the dog crossed the road. Mark ran across the road and nobody saw the car that was quickly approaching. I shouted out to him and the last thing I hear is Mark's screams. I ran over to his lifeless body and held him in my arms.

Now we are at the hospital...hoping for the best.

"Family Of Mark Ratliff?"-Doctor

I jump up and approach him.

"Well..."-Rydel

"I'm afraid it's not good news... it's best you take a seat Miss Lynch..."-Doctor

My knees go weak and I sit down preparing myself for the worst.

"Mark will die if he does not undergo surgery as soon as possible-"-Doctor

"Then give him the surgery!"-Rydel

"As I was saying... Unfortunately none of your blood is a match for Mark...except one person...his father...Ellington Lee Ratliff... Without his blood there's no hope...you can see him if you like?"-Doctor

I could lose my son?

Cheryl calls Ratliff while I walk up to the room Mark is in.

I open the door cautiously and brace myself. As soon as I see him my knees feel weak and a wave of nausea wafts over me... I run out of the room, passing my crying family and run into the bathroom. I fall to the floor infront of the toilet and begin throwing my guts up. I start crying and it all becomes too much... everything turns black and I end up lying on the cold,hard ground of the hospitals bathroom.

When I regain consciousness I look at my surroundings. White,White & More White.

I press the buzzer and a nurse comes to my bedside.

"Can somebody please tell me what's going on? I have to get back to my son!"-Rydel

"I'm sorry miss but we can't discharge you until the results are back"-Nurse

"What results?"-Rydel

And with that she just walked out of the room, ignoring my question. I threw my head back onto the pillow and groaned.

Mark is in hospital and I may never see him again and they are keeping me stuck in this crappy, uncomfortable bed.

"Good Afternoon Miss Lynch, How Are You Feeling?"-Doctor

"I'm Fine, I'm Not Trying To Be Rude Or Anything But Can I Please Leave? I Need To Get Back To My Son!"-Rydel

"Calm down, okay? everything's going to be fine! I've got your test results here..."-Doctor

The look on his face made me really nervous.

"W-What's Wrong With Me?"-Rydel

"Well Miss Lynch, It Seems That You Are Pregnant, Congratulations!"-Doctor

"P-Pregnant? Are You Sure?"-Rydel

"100% Positive!"-Doctor

Great... how am I gonna explain this to Ratliff?

I was discharged from the hospital and I shakily walked back to my family. It had been a couple of hours I was unconscious and it was now evening time.

"Time is running out Miss Lynch, you might want to say your goodbyes now... I'm so sorry..."-Nurse

I start crying and sit by his bedside alone. Everybody else said goodbye to him. Now it was my turn. I held his hand as I began to speak.

"Hey Baby, I Love You So Much, I'm Really Gonna Miss You! You Mean The World To Me And I Can't Bare To Lose You, I Feel Like This Is All My Fault... You Will Always Be My Little Man. I'm Not Gonna Get To See You Grow Up Into A Handsome Young Man, I'll Never Be Able To Be There When You Lose Your First Tooth, Or When You First Start School, Learn How To Ride A Bike, Get Your First Girlfriend, Get A Job, Graduate From School, Have Children, Get Married... But Most Of All I'm Not Gonna See You Be A Big Brother! Your Gonna Be A Big Brother Mark! I Want Your Baby Brother Or Sister To Meet You, I Want Them To Remember Your Face! I'll Never Forget You, You'll Always Be In My Heart... Ill See You Again Someday Sweetheart...Goodbye For Now..."

Tears streamed down my face as I held onto his hand. I took one last picture of us together before breaking down. I heard the door open and close quietly. I felt hands slide around my waist and they put their head on my shoulder.

"Delly...I'm So Sorry For Not Believing You About Mark... Truth Is... I Knew He Was Mine Ever Since I First Saw Him... I Remember Our Date Night, I Remember Losing My Virginity To You, I Found The Scan Photo... The Reason I Didn't Tell You I Knew Is Because I Was Scared, I Was Scared Incase I Wasn't A Good Father & The Kid Would Hate Me... Im So Sorry Rydel... I Love You And Mark With All My Heart, You Are My Life! So I'm Here To Give My Blood & Save Our Sons Life!"-Ratliff

I bury my head into his neck and start crying even more.

"It's too late Ell..."-Rydel

And with that we were escorted out of the room. It Was Official... I've Lost My Son Forever...

Hey...

This Chapter Was Really Sad For Me To Write! What Do You Guys Think?

3 Major Things!

•Rydel's Pregnant Again!

•Ellington Knew The Whole Time

•Marks Situation

Please Leave Feedback & I Will Try & Update Tomorrow!

-Courtney xoxoxo