Chapter 24

Ratliff's POV

I got on the plane to Hawaii and we took off shortly after. When we landed I began getting excited. I hopped off the plane and made my way to grab my luggage. The hot summer air hit my face as I left the airport. I got a taxi to the hotel and registered in. I head up to my room and put my suitcases on the bed. I get changed into some shorts and leave the hotel, ready to explore the island.

I go to the pool and sunbathe for a while until I jump into the refreshing pool. I swam around and floated, staring up at the sky. I felt so relaxed... free from everything.

I get hungry and decide to eat at a restaurant. There's a buffet, so I just pick Ribs, Chow Mein, Egg Fried Rice & Prawn Crackers. It was mostly Chinese food.

I sat at a table and a bunch of guys sat with me. They were pretty cool & I ended up having a drink with them. We ordered beer after beer and ended up drunk.

The next day the guys, who's names were David,Carl,Vince,Stuart,Barry,Lee,Steve,Eric & Jamie went to play football. We split up into teams of 5 and began playing.

It Was David,Carl,Vince,Stuart and I on one team and Barry,Lee,Steve,Eric & Jamie on the other.

They beat us 10-6.

Then we went to the pool. David and Lee ended up getting some girls and they took them back to the hotel room. Meanwhile the other guys and I hopelessly flirted. Honestly... I was just trying to get my mind off Rydel.

I end up giving up with the flirting and I go and check out the rest of the island. There was a beach nearby, I walked to it and sat down, until I noticed some cliffs. They weren't too big but they were big enough to jump from.

I clambered up the steep,slippery surface and stood at the top of the cliff.I peered over the edge and took a deep breathe, I ran and jumped off the edge. The air pummelled into me at such force until I finally made contact with the water. I felt such a rush and insisted on doing it again. I done it a couple more times but then it got boring. It's not the same without the rest of R5 and Ryland here. I miss them...

It gets late and I get something to eat, before making my way back to the hotel and instantly falling asleep on the king size bed.

------1 week later------

This holiday has been amazing so far, I've made friends and tonight I'm meeting a girl. Her name is Kendall. She has tan skin, brown hair and green eyes. I met her 2 days ago when I was at the cliffs again.

In the afternoon I set up a picnic on a secret beach I discovered. I lay down a blanket and decorated the palm trees with lights. I lay rose petals on the sand and lay stones in the shape of a heart.

------3 Hours Later------

The food and wine was prepared and so was the setting of the picnic. It all looked amazing.

I blindfolded Kendall and led her to the secret beach. I had to pick her up half way though as she would've tripped. I placed her down in front of the view and she gasped. She turned to me with a big smile on her face before she pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"It's beautiful!"-Kendall

"Just Like You..."-Ratliff

She blushed and I chuckled at her cuteness.

We spoke for ages and got to know each other even more. Once the date had ended I looked over at my phone.

16 Missed Calls

27 Texts

10 Voicemails

I shrug it off and Kendall and I begin clearing everything away. We end up play fighting and I tackle her to the ground. I stare into her eyes then to her lips. We both begin to lean in but we are interrupted by my phone ringing.

MOM flashes across the screen and I sigh.

I answer it and hear crying down the other end.

"Mom Are You Okay?!?!"-Ratliff

"No..."-Cheryl

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?"-Ratliff

"Ellington... you have to come home, it's an emergency!"-Cheryl

I lose signal and the phone cuts out. I instantly begin panicking and I rush back to my hotel room, leaving Kendall standing there confused.

I pack my suitcase and grab my passport.

Home...Here I Come!

Hey,

I Know It's Short But I Really Wanted To Give You Guys A Chapter! Oooh, Cliffhanger! What Do You Thinks Happened? Leave Feedback & Comment Below! Hopefully You Guys Will Like What Happens Next!

-Courtney xoxoxo