Chapter 28

Ratliff's POV

The tour got moved forward and we are leaving tomorrow.

Rydel and Stormie began packing their things and the guys packed their things. I packed my things before packing Mark's things. The luggage was placed at the front door ready for tomorrow.

I tried finding Riker as I really needed to ask him something.

Once I found him, I pulled him aside.

He was none stop texting somebody.

"Hey Bro, who you texting?"-Ratliff

"Uhh... Nobody, what did you need me for?"-Riker

His voice was unconvincing but I was urgent to ask him this question.

"So... as you know, I am hopelessly in love with your sister, and we have a child together..."-Ratliff

"What's your point?"-Riker

"Well... I was wondering if I could have your blessing and ask Rydel to marry me? As you are her big brother I want you to be okay with it before I go ahead and do it..."-Ratliff

"Bro, I would be honoured to have you as my brother in law! If I could pick anybody for Delly, it'd be you! I know you are gonna take care of my Baby Sister, and Mark, you have my blessing!"-Riker

"It means the world to me to have your blessing! I promise I won't let you down!"-Ratliff

"I know... so have you picked out a ring yet?"-Riker

"Not yet..."-Ratliff

"Let's go!"-Riker

We drove to 15 different stores but we couldn't find the perfect one. We were at the last store and I was silently hoping to find the right one.

We walked in and observed the cabinets. We looked for about 5 minutes until one caught my eye.

It screamed Rydel all over it.

As you can guess... The diamond was pink, it was the most beautiful one I saw today. I called Riker over and he agreed straight away.

We called the assistant over and he gave us a price. It was expensive but it was worth it.

Then we went shopping in the mall. I got some more cardigans and Riker got some more shirts and ties.

Now all I have to do is plan the perfect moment.

When we get home everybody questions us on where we have been.

We tell them we just went to the mall and leave it at that. I hide the ring at the bottom of my suitcase and walk away from it.

Today were were mainly preparing for the tour. We rung the venues to double check the booking and checked how much merch we had.

Rydel was acting a bit weird today but it must just be nerves for the tour. She never gets nervous but maybe it's because she is back in the band? I don't know...

I play with Mark for a while with the guys until Stormie calls us in for lunch.

Rydel ate a tiny bit more than she usually does but that's what I love about her, she's just one of the guys, she don't care what she looks like, or how much she eats... She's Perfect!

When we finish we decide to have a splash in the pool. We get changed and try teaching Mark how to swim again.

We try teaching him for about an hour until he finally learns how to do it.

I cheer in triumph. I was so proud of my little man! I felt like such a proud father.

Rydel cried, she recorded the whole thing.

We get out an hour later and decide to go on A way overdue visit to Get Shaved.

It's Mark's first time eating it and he really enjoyed it. Rydel ordered 2 for her and ended up getting brain freeze.

We still had a couple hours spare until we had to be back for dinner. It was only 3pm.

We decided to go to the amusement park and ride the rollercoasters. Rydel wouldn't go on any though, the only one she went on was the merry go round, it's totally not like her...

We stayed until 7pm. It started getting dark so we left for home. Mark had a great day and we did too.

When we got home we had dinner and had a little Live Stream with the fans. Most questions were about Mark and what happened to Rydellington.

We haven't told the fans yet, we were gonna announce it at one of the shows.

We finished it after an hour and went to bed. We placed Mark to bed and all of us sung him lullabies. It was a regular thing now, it happens every night. That's the only way he will sleep.

We leave his room silently and Rydel and I get into our bed. She snuggles into my chest and I hug her protectively.

This was the way it should've been all along...