Chapter 26

Ratliff's POV

I gave the blood that my little man needed and they took it away. I asked if I could see Mark and they let me. I heard a muffled voice coming from the room so I listened closely. It was definitely Rydel. I went in quietly and saw her with tears running down her face.

I admit everything to her. Then we share a hug and leave the room.

In the waiting room she sits next to me, all everybody could do was cry into eachothers shoulders. They had just found out that It was too late for Mark. The doctors wouldn't let us see him anymore.

I can't believe my baby boy was dead...I felt like my heart had been ripped out. Maybe if I didn't go to Hawaii he'd still be okay... I feel so guilty.

We stayed at the hospital overnight. The waiting room was covered in Lynch's & Ratliff's. All together there was 10 of us spread out on floors and chairs. People looked at us strangely but we didn't care. Doctors asked us to leave but we refused.

Rydel fell asleep in my arms and at 3am in the morning I felt somebody shaking me.

"Sir? Hello?"-Doctor

I yawned and looked up at him.

"Are you Mr Ellington Lee Ratliff?"-Doctor

I nod sleepily.

"Well, Mark is out of surgery now. You can go see him..."-Doctor

I almost instantly wake up. I was so happy! he isn't dead! My baby boy is alive.

I jump up from the floor and start screaming in joy. Everybody wakes up and I pick Rydel up bridal style and spin her around. She wakes up confused but I just kiss her forehead and run with her in my arms to Mark's bedside.

Tears stream down her face as she sees him alive. We hug eachother and end up staring into eachothers eyes.

Our lips crash forcefully and I pull her closer to me. Sparks flew and I instantly melted into her arms.

We kiss for a few minutes until we hear 'ewww!'.

A smile tugged at my lips as we glance at Mark who is sitting on the bed with a disgusted look on his face.

I sit on the end of his bed and pull him onto my lap. Rydel takes out her phone and snaps a couple of pictures. She changes the camera around and we get pictures together. The 3 of us... a family.

"So... Rydel, I Have A Question..."-Ratliff

She looks at me confused and I get a little nervous.

"Will you... Rydel Mary Lynch, Do Me The Honour Of Becoming My Girlfriend?"-Ratliff

She looks me in the eyes before kissing me of the lips again. I'll take that as a yes.

This truly was the best day of my life!

As it was 3am we should be tired... but instead we were ecstatic that Mark survived.

We read him stories and sung to him. He really enjoyed it and requested more.

We pick him up from the bed and take him into the waiting room.

"Guys..."-Rydel

None of them wake up.

"Hello?"-Ratliff

No answer.

Rydel stuck her fingers in her mouth and let out a deafening whistle.

They all shoot awake and they jump up when they see Mark.

The guys start crying and our parents are over the moon.

We ask a nurse to take some pictures of all of us together and she agrees.

She snaps a few then hands the camera back.

We go into Mark's room and sit him on the hospital bed. Rocky & Ross grab their guitars and they begin strumming. We start singing and our voices harmonised in sync. Mark clapped as he watched us. We sung him lullabies together and he fell asleep. We all fell asleep in his room as a family.

A one big happy family...